Question regarding Denon AH-D1100 clamping force with glasses
Mar 11, 2013 at 9:44 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

OnDaJohn

New Head-Fier
As the topic states, I've read that the Denon D1100s are fairly comfortable headphones, but I haven't found any information about their comfort level while wearing glasses. I've been using the Sennheiser HD555s for a while as I've grown to love their comfort after using them for so long. Sadly, they're falling apart, plus I want to upgrade to a more bass heavy pair of headphones anyway.

I owned the Sennheiser HD 280 Pro before the HD555s and the clamp bad enough that I had to take off my glasses while using them, but I no longer wish to do this. I recently ordered the Beyerdynamic DT990 Pros to save money over the Premiums, but I returned them within a day due to the comfort level. I adjusted the band and such and I could not see the issue getting better over time.

So my question is, is the clamping force of the Denon D1100s similar to either the HD 280 Pros or DT990 Pros? Has anyone worn the D1100s with glasses? I'm not looking for something that's just tolerable. I want a pair of headphones that I will be able to wear for long sessions.

Are the D1100s comparable in the least to the HD555s comfort level? If not, I'll likely steer away from closed headphones altogether. I know that closed headphones tend to outperform open in the bass department, but I'll probably just have to compromise.

Any suggestions on good bassy open headphones that can be worn with glasses? They will only be worn indoors so there should be no issues of them falling off my head and such. I'm looking to spend between $200 and $300 including an amp if necessary. I'm really hoping to hear good things about the D1100s, but if not, remember that comfort is top priority.

Thanks in advance.

Edit: Has anyone compared the DT990 Premiums comfort to the Pros? Is the Premium's reduced clamping force enough to meet my standards? Wondering if it'd be worth going out of my budget to get them, unless there is something strictly better in that price range.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back