Question on the Sugden Headmaster
Jun 27, 2002 at 12:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Kieran Comito

500+ Head-Fier
I am in the process of purchasing the Sugden Headmaster to go with my HD 600s and my Cary Cd player. My only concern with it is that I read somewhere that it cause listener fatiuge relatively fast. Anyone that owns this amp notice this? A lot of times I listen before bed and fall asleep with the phones on so I may be listening for hours. I really like my Grado headhphones, but I ready to take them off after while. I don't want to be in a situation where I like the Sugden, but just can't handle for a long listening session.

Jun 27, 2002 at 1:34 PM Post #2 of 11
it works fine for me. and i really don't understand how anybody could suggest that the hd600 would ever be fatiguing.

i use my rs-1, hd600, sr-325, k501, and 4s with my sugden all the time. maybe they had a really bright source or crappy cables. you have a cary cd player with a tubed output (i'm assuming) so i'm sure it will be fine for you.

Jun 27, 2002 at 3:55 PM Post #4 of 11
I don't find my setup with the Headmaster fatiguing at all. Your descritpion of what you read sounds more like a source and/or specific headphone issue like maybe the Sony CD3000 or something. I can't image that you'd find the sound fatiguing with the Cary-Headmaster-HD600 setup. Good luck!

Jun 27, 2002 at 5:38 PM Post #5 of 11
Thanks for reassuring me on my purchase. The place I read where it was fatiguing was on this board awhile back. I can't wait to get it. I'll let you know how it sounds when it gets in. Thanks.

Jun 27, 2002 at 7:52 PM Post #7 of 11
No fatigue here with Etymotic 4Bs and Beyer 931s...

Jun 28, 2002 at 2:14 PM Post #10 of 11
As far as i know, no. I have my name in the hat at Audio Outlet and Brooklyn Audio. They are supposed to let me know when they arrive. Brooklyn told me last week they thought they would be in, but it has not happened yet. Both places say this amp is selling out as fast as they get them. Anyone out there know of any other place that might carry this amp on this side of the pond?

Jun 28, 2002 at 2:38 PM Post #11 of 11
i got mine from audio outlet about six months ago.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back