Question on if my amp is driving my AKG K340 400 Ohm headphones well.....
Jan 2, 2012 at 4:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

zeno

Head-Fier
I think my AKG K340 headphones sound great with my circa 1984 yamaha A-1000 Integrated Amp.....(This is the old A-1000 Yamaha amp, not the newer model 1000 DSP yamaha amp...) When using the K340s with the amp, the volume knob on the amp is very sensitive, i only have to move the volume knob a small fraction of an inch to kick up the headphone volume lots....My question is, is this a good indication, the sensitive volume knob, that my amp is driving my K340s well? I know i feel they sound good, just was wondering if the sensitive volume knob when using them is a good "indication" that the amp is driving the headphones well....

Jan 2, 2012 at 6:24 PM Post #2 of 3
if it sounds good and get more then enough volume headroom then it's driving them fine, the yamaha wouldn't have any issue with them or any older akg headphone as well so your fine. if you want to see if they improve with more power, you can drive them from the speaker outputs if you want,but your more then fine driving them way they' are.

Jan 2, 2012 at 6:43 PM Post #3 of 3

Quote:
if it sounds good and get more then enough volume headroom then it's driving them fine, the yamaha wouldn't have any issue with them or any older akg headphone as well so your fine. if you want to see if they improve with more power, you can drive them from the speaker outputs if you want,but your more then fine driving them way they' are.

Now you got me curious.....How would i do that, connect them to the speaker outs? that amp has old fashioned screw connections that have the bare wire drop into....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back