Question, high sensitivity IEM balanced or unbalanced?
Jun 25, 2021 at 10:32 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Garreth83

Head-Fier
Hi there,

I bought a pair of Shure Aonic 4’s. I liked the mids and it made my go to comparison album “and justice for all” sound the way I feel it was meant to sound.

i’m new to the world of headfi and drive these with the Fiio BTR5. And i’m wondering, given the high sensitivity of only 7 ohms. Would it be wise to drive them with a balanced cable? I like the sound as is, but wonder if balanced would actually improve something, given that the BTr5 in balanced mode uses a dac for each seperate channel as opposed to one in unbalanced mode.

before I splurge on a cable, what are your opinions?

thanks !

Jun 25, 2021 at 10:34 AM Post #2 of 2
Hi there,

I bought a pair of Shure Aonic 4’s. I liked the mids and it made my go to comparison album “and justice for all” sound the way I feel it was meant to sound.

i’m new to the world of headfi and drive these with the Fiio BTR5. And i’m wondering, given the high sensitivity of only 7 ohms. Would it be wise to drive them with a balanced cable? I like the sound as is, but wonder if balanced would actually improve something, given that the BTr5 in balanced mode uses a dac for each seperate channel as opposed to one in unbalanced mode.

before I splurge on a cable, what are your opinions?

thanks !
Wrong forum, sorry. If someone knows how to move this thread. Please do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back