question for Squeezebox Duet owners
Mar 17, 2009 at 4:26 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

ttnl

100+ Head-Fier
Hi, I have some questions for Squeezebox Duet owners. I have only one laptop for both entertainment and school work. Therefore, I have to disconnect the external hard drive from the laptop everyday. So, will the Squeezebox still function properly with constant removal of the sources, which are the laptop and the external hard drive? Can I turn off the SB if I don't use it? I have read a lot of horror story about setup failure with SB. How hard is the setup process? Thanks a lot for your help.

Mar 17, 2009 at 2:54 PM Post #2 of 2
I only have the receiver portion of the Duet on a wired connection but the performance should be the same. I turn off my media server running Squeeze Center everyday, the receiver will patiently sit and wait for Squeeze Center to come back online and reconnect. Additionally, I believe you can switch the receiver to be served by the Squeeze Network and as long as the receiver has a connection to the Internet you can stream directly from the Internet without your PC being on. I'm sure there are many more success than horror stories WRTG setup. As long as you are reasonably computer savvy I think these systems are relatively easy to get going.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back