[Question] Condensation in earphones
Dec 26, 2010 at 9:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

rawrster

Headphoneus Supremus
Hi,

So I was wondering about how one goes about solving the issue of some condensation in my custom earphones?

It was snowing pretty hard today and it resulted in some condensation getting on the inside of my customs. I was hoping that would not be the case when I got home but I saw it inside my customs when I got home and then I checked to make sure they still worked and they do. It's not a lot but it's like 2mm or so of it.

I do recall something about putting the earphone in some rice so I put my customs in a bowl of rice completely covered and will try it overnight or so. Is there anything else I can do? I was thinking if that doesn't work I should shine a light bulb on the earphones or something.

Also does anyone have those monitor savers from Westone? Would something like that help in the future?

Dec 26, 2010 at 9:51 PM Post #2 of 6
I assume 'inside' means the bore? If so, a dehumidifier or something similar should do the trick to dry it out.

Dec 26, 2010 at 10:05 PM Post #3 of 6
It was somewhere near the edge of the face plate so not the bores. I can't seem to find it so maybe it worked but I'll put it back over night to be safe. I think it's gone since I remember it being around one of the imperfections on one of my earphones and now I just see the imperfection with no condensation.

Just wondering but any idea how that product by Westone works? I've always wondered about it since their description doesn't really tell me what it is.

I think maybe I should have just kept the customs in my ears while it was snowing. I put them in a case so condensation wouldn't happen but that probably caused it :p

Dec 26, 2010 at 10:25 PM Post #4 of 6
Westone monitor saver is just chemical based dehumidifier in a small case. Ever see a reusable dehumidify pack that you can dry out by microwaving? Same thing, different packaging.

Dec 26, 2010 at 11:18 PM Post #6 of 6
Get yourself some vitamin D, 1000 IU/gelcap. It's one of the few supplements that is reasonably worth taking. Anyway, keep the desiccant that comes with the bottle. DO NOT EAT THE DESICCANT. Condesation is more of a problem with armature iems, so keep the customs with the desiccant pack in an airtight container overnight every so often.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back