Question: Audio Advantage Micro (Turtle Beach)
Dec 11, 2007 at 3:18 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

kwitel

Headphoneus Supremus
Anyone have any clue how to easily switch between the micro and the computers speakers?
When I pull the headphone jack out of the micro, and/or pull the micros usb cable out it doesnt automatically switch back to the computers speakers.

Whats the solution here?

Dec 12, 2007 at 12:26 PM Post #4 of 11
Do you mean you want computer to sense that you unplugged a USB sound card and automatically assign sound processing to an integrated motherboard audio controller so that the playback does not even stop?

Not possible afaik, not at present.

Dec 13, 2007 at 5:09 AM Post #5 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Behemot /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do you mean you want computer to sense that you unplugged a USB sound card and automatically assign sound processing to an integrated motherboard audio controller so that the playback does not even stop?

Not possible afaik, not at present.

Im using a PC/Windows (drawing a blank here-whatever comes before Vista)
I dont need the computer to automatically sense it, just want to know the quickest way to switch sound from the MICRO to my speakers and then back again.

Dec 13, 2007 at 6:57 AM Post #6 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by kwitel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Im using a PC/Windows (drawing a blank here-whatever comes before Vista)
I dont need the computer to automatically sense it, just want to know the quickest way to switch sound from the MICRO to my speakers and then back again.

Yeah, but while the media player is playing, with continuous play without having to restart the program? You must have windows super magic edition.

Dec 16, 2007 at 12:42 AM Post #7 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by facelvega /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah, but while the media player is playing, with continuous play without having to restart the program? You must have windows super magic edition.

HUH?
Im asking a question here not making a statement.
Im simply asking-does anyone know whats the quickest way to switch back to the computer's speakers when you pull your headphones out of the micro?

Was the "windows super magic" thing supossed to be an attempt at humor?

Dec 16, 2007 at 10:48 AM Post #8 of 11
I don't know if this will help. My speakers are plugged into another sound card and to switch to my speakers I go to the audio tab in control panel's sound and audio device properties and change the default device.

Dec 16, 2007 at 8:01 PM Post #9 of 11
What rhecks said, or, if there is an option to select a different sound device within the playback software (ex. Foobar), you can switch sources that way. There is no way to just unplug from the headphone jack and have it switch over automatically.

Dec 17, 2007 at 3:41 AM Post #10 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by kwitel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
HUH?
Im asking a question here not making a statement.
Im simply asking-does anyone know whats the quickest way to switch back to the computer's speakers when you pull your headphones out of the micro?

Was the "windows super magic" thing supossed to be an attempt at humor?

Sorry, no idea what I was responding to there. The danger of hitting reply at 2am, I guess.

Anyway, the issue is with the media player program. The computer will still automatically be set to the TBAAM until you unplug it, or select another source centrally, but even if you do unplug it and the computer switches back to the speakers as default, the media player will (very likely, depends on which one you use) already have set itself to use the TBAAM and not the speakers, so you need to either restart that program or choose a different source within the program manually. It's kind of a pain about how windows meshes with USB audio, one that they haven't bothered to fix yet.

Dec 17, 2007 at 6:24 AM Post #11 of 11
What is there to fix? I think it would be a bad idea to have Windows switch output based on load sensing (which itself would be difficult to implement, if not impossible for the USB specification). For example, would you want it to auto-switch from your good soundcard to onboard audio every time you unplugged the speakers?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back