Question about which headphones
Mar 29, 2021 at 5:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

iCupboard

100+ Head-Fier
Hello everyone! After my Sony 1000XM3 died, I am in the market for new headphones. Soundwise I really like neutral sounding headphones that are leaning more bright than dark. Headphones that I had are AKG K272HD, AKG K550, K551, Soundmagic HP150, B&O H6, and B&O H9 (this is the one I just have bought but I think I have to return these due to the fit of the headphones but I like the sound.)

Out of all of these, I liked the AKG K550, H6 and HP150's the best regarding to soundwise, except I can't do the Soundmagic Hp150 because of build quality. It died in about a week.

So what I am thinking: I want the AKG K371. But I saw the Brainwavz HM5 as well. Which headphone out of those would you advise? Hm5 sounds like really good headphones as well! But I can't try them anywhere unfortunately.

Thanks for your information!

Mar 29, 2021 at 6:44 PM Post #3 of 6
What are your activities while wearing headphones? An HP150 to die in a week must have been in extreme environments.
The one I had was riddled with QR issues, left earpiece not working, hinge was already a weak point...That kind of thing. :) No extreme environments at all! Do you have a recommendation of the two headsets that I mentioned?

Mar 29, 2021 at 7:17 PM Post #4 of 6
Well haven’t heard the HM-5’s but do have the 371’s. Also with the HP150’s to die in a week you should be able to get a replacement as they are pretty good.

Mar 29, 2021 at 7:40 PM Post #5 of 6
Well haven’t heard the HM-5’s but do have the 371’s. Also with the HP150’s to die in a week you should be able to get a replacement as they are pretty good.
It was a long time ago. I got my money back but I didn't want to risk getting another pair. How do you like the AKG K371 vs the HP150's? I do really like the sound signature of the HP150's! :)

Mar 29, 2021 at 7:57 PM Post #6 of 6
It was a long time ago. I got my money back but I didn't want to risk getting another pair. How do you like the AKG K371 vs the HP150's? I do really like the sound signature of the HP150's! :)
It has been a while since I heard the 150’s so really can’t say but know that I did like them. This is a very hard thing as I don’t have both of them . So I’ll leave it here,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back