Question about Triple.Fi 10 Build Quality
Dec 6, 2009 at 7:03 PM Post #31 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bilavideo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What a jerk! I hate it when men in brown screw things up like this. They misdelivered a popular video game to an address down the street, then got huffy when we called them and told them they had missed their delivery. Demanding that we prove it, we were able to shove it in their faces when the people down the block, recognizing the misdelivery, showed the integrity to return the item, which forced the brown-wagon mafia to show up late with our item. I happily chewed out the delivery guy.

Actually, you are the jerk. Poor guy was just trying to do his job. People make mistakes.

Dec 6, 2009 at 7:11 PM Post #32 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by vinnievidi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just ordered a pair of UE Triple.fi 10, which should be arriving tomorrow morning. I was excited to receive them but a friend of mine just said that their build quality has gone down since Logitech took over UE.

In anticipation of possibly returning them, I ordered a pair of Senn. IE7. I don't know which one I will end up keeping.

I did notice that Logitech reduced the warranty from 2 years to 1. To me, for a $300 set of IEMs, that move seemed pretty cheap; especially when most of the competition has 2 year warranties. I also saw that earphonesolutions.com is no longer selling the TF10 and is offering a credit towards different models to those who purchased them.

Does anyone know if there is truth to the above claim about the UE build quality, or if it's just a bias against Logitech (as they are not known for high-end audio)?

I tried to look it up on the forums but there doesn't seem to be much debate about this. Is it not an issue?

Thanks a lot!

Vinnie

I have been in sales for a long time so as for Earphone Solutions no longer carrying them anymore is easy to discredit. Westone is there primary brand and they are probably provided perks from Westone for that very fact, so of course, according to EPS most other iem"s are inferior. It's a marketing ploy.

As far as Logitec is concerned I have had to warranty a speaker system with them 18 months into a two year warranty and it could not have been easier.

As far as the Trip Fi. All iem"s are delicate, some moreso than others but I'm confident that if I have an issue within the first year I'll be fine. After that who knows, but assuming it's a cable issue I'll simply buy another. Shure on the other hand...

Dec 6, 2009 at 7:20 PM Post #33 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ntropic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Again, the cable socket. Mine came loose one day (I wasn't using the hard case then; it is rather bulky), and I just stuffed it back in and put it in my pocket. By the time I got home, the wires had snapped off their solder points on the socket, and I had a UE cable attached to the connector, and some tiny bits of wire sticking out of my driver unit.

A vice, some solder, and a lot of tinning, thankfully, solved the problem. And super glue. I'm just glad UE colour codes the wires with varnish.

How I love thee, superglue.

I wanted to get TF10s as an upgrade, but I'm just leaning towards UM2. I'm not up to dealing with those damn cables.

1) A little rigid, yes. Also retains its shape very well; mine's all coiled up from using the UE carrying case.
2) Glued? Not on the cable. The housing, yes.
3) Steel wire. Or maybe nickel plated copper? It was silver-coloured in any case. The broken cable I got with my UEs show a single piece steel wire along with tinned copper strand wire.

shoving them in your pocket and breaking them, then blaming Logitech is completely rediculous!
I bought a ford, never changed, checked the oil and now the engine blew! I hate ford, they suck!
Same rediculous stupidity!

Dec 6, 2009 at 7:34 PM Post #34 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aevum /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i would look at the IE8, i think that they are the most robust and best priced high end IEM, the UM3 is slightly better but around 20-30% more expencive,

in europe they go for under 200 euros, making them pretty good,

I've seen plenty of people on this forum who have had ie8 troubles. From bad cables to either the right or left phone cutting out. No company is perfect, nor do they adverise failure rates.
There are many people who hate apple iPod but in fact it has the lowest failure rate throughout the mp3 market. And that's a fact.

Dec 6, 2009 at 10:22 PM Post #35 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gothamm /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Actually, you are the jerk. Poor guy was just trying to do his job. People make mistakes.

Misdelivering an item when the address is on the package is a mistake, a sloppy one but I'll grant you that match. Not taking responsibility for the misdelivery is not a mistake. Putting the burden on me to prove I didn't receive something I never signed for is also no mistake. Had the people down the street not been honest, we'd have been stiffed.

Jerk much?

Dec 6, 2009 at 10:44 PM Post #36 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by ibis99 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
shoving them in your pocket and breaking them, then blaming Logitech is completely rediculous!
I bought a ford, never changed, checked the oil and now the engine blew! I hate ford, they suck!
Same rediculous stupidity!

Hmm. My post doesn't have the words logi, tech, or logitech in it. Anywhere.

Dec 7, 2009 at 12:01 AM Post #37 of 57
Quote:

So YOU break youR IEM"s because YOU are irresponsible and then blame the manufacturer claiming subpar construction?
Give me a break. This is why completely inaccurate/unfounded claims are made all the time.

Dec 7, 2009 at 12:08 AM Post #38 of 57
Quote:

Doesn't matter what it is if you abuse a product and break it, can't expect them to replace it. Why should they?

Dec 7, 2009 at 12:33 AM Post #39 of 57
Are the TF10 and SE530 that bad when it comes to cable?

I mean, those are $400 ear phones, how can they be so crappy? For the owners, how do they workaround the problem? I've trying to hold myself from buying an SE530 but I'm loosing the battle
smily_headphones1.gif
. but I just don't want to spend 400 bucks in a phone that would barely last one year.

Any advises?

Dec 7, 2009 at 12:36 AM Post #40 of 57
Quote:

...snip...

I read your response and am ashamed to admit I've done this before as well. If you ever get the chance, check out the paradigm shift as explained by Stephen Covey in "Seven Habits for Highly Effective People." There's a fantastic story that really helped me get in touch w/ these other crazy humans living on my planet.
evil_smiley.gif

Dec 7, 2009 at 12:59 AM Post #41 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by HazeIT /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I mean, those are $400 ear phones, how can they be so crappy? For the owners, how do they workaround the problem? I've trying to hold myself from buying an SE530 but I'm loosing the battle
smily_headphones1.gif
. but I just don't want to spend 400 bucks in a phone that would barely last one year.

Any advises?

I have had two SE530 cables crack on two different sets all manufactured after march 2008. They replaced both but I sold the third replacement and bought the TF10 pro and have not had a problem since.

Dec 7, 2009 at 1:05 AM Post #42 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by ibis99 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So YOU break youR IEM"s because YOU are irresponsible and then blame the manufacturer claiming subpar construction?
Give me a break. This is why completely inaccurate/unfounded claims are made all the time.

Quote:

Originally Posted by iriverdude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Doesn't matter what it is if you abuse a product and break it, can't expect them to replace it. Why should they?

You're coming off as rather offensive and hot and bothered. Chill, brah.

No where am I claiming that Logitech or UE sucks at making long lasting IEMs, nor am I saying anywhere that I expect them to replace it. I'm not saying my case is representative of all other cases out there. In fact, all I said in my post was that my cable socket came loose. It just happens that this is not an uncommon problem.

If I can stuff many other IEMs into my pockets (and by stuff, I mean fold up properly and place into my pockets) without any problems, why should I have expected UE's designs be any different? It doesn't say "use the carrying case, or earphones will fall apart, etc. etc." anywhere, does it? I'll appreciate that the warranty, like other warranties, does not cover abuse. But that's not what I'm talking about here.

Quote:

This is why completely inaccurate/unfounded claims are made all the time.

Hmm.

Dec 7, 2009 at 1:08 AM Post #43 of 57
Quote:

Misdelivering an item when the address is on the package is a mistake, a sloppy one but I'll grant you that match. Not taking responsibility for the misdelivery is not a mistake. Putting the burden on me to prove I didn't receive something I never signed for is also no mistake. Had the people down the street not been honest, we'd have been stiffed.

Jerk much?

Since your video game is insured up to $100 and no one signed for the package or you neighbor signed you would not be screwed. UPS would have reimbursed you the complete cost of the item + shipping.

But I guess everyday you go to work you are perfect.

Dec 7, 2009 at 1:17 AM Post #44 of 57
UPS has a track record of being sloppy, and sometimes not even ringing the door bell. At least, in Canada.

More often than not. It really depends on the driver/policies employed by the local depot. Also, brokerage fees.

Dec 7, 2009 at 1:27 AM Post #45 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by HazeIT /img/forum/go_quote.gif

smily_headphones1.gif

Any advises?

yep~ $400 retail price, but it probably cost them $30 in terms of material, maybe less~ I prefer TF10 just for the replaceable cable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back