Question about the HD-555 ( Surround sounds related)
Mar 15, 2006 at 5:02 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

Jesse40902

100+ Head-Fier
This is my first time using a headphone. I plugged the headphone into my yamaha reciver for silent cinena.....

When im playing FPS games on xbox ( cod2), i notice my sounds was not as sepearted as when I use my regular speakers again. The surround sounds are not as seperated as my speakers ( maybe my speakeres are really good, i dunno)

But the sounds are not as separated..I can hear where bullets are coming from, but not as great as my speakers....Its not my headphones fault but my crappy silent mode fault?? (yamaha 5740)

Should i get the A500, will that help?

also getting a bit of a headache from it...

Mar 15, 2006 at 5:58 AM Post #4 of 20
Maybe you should consider one thread to post all your many various HD555 problems.
rolleyes.gif

Mar 15, 2006 at 6:02 AM Post #5 of 20
Sorry, I a new headphone user and im a bit giddy.....Just got tons of questions but really interested in this audio stuff

I didnt know the rules here, I'll try and post everything in one forum...

Mar 15, 2006 at 9:47 PM Post #11 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jesse40902
I thought thats what people use for FPS games.....

Yes, if you use them through an X-fi sound card with CMSS3D. My X-fi and A900 are amazing. I can hear everything in 3D. In fact, my klipsch promedia ultra 5.1 speakers are gathering dust.

Mar 15, 2006 at 10:43 PM Post #12 of 20
003 is right, you need a soundcard that can simulate 3d positioning through two channels. Right now wiht your reciever you are getting ALL the sounds comeing fomr the left channel in the left ear and ALL the sounds from the right in the right channel and it wont be 3d sounding without something simulating it. Stick with your speakers for console gaming and headphones with a good soundcard for the PC games.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back