question about the Ety-4P --> 4S cable
Sep 8, 2002 at 5:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

taipeileviathan

100+ Head-Fier
would i still need a headphone amp to drive the whole thing when using with a portable source? such that the entire portable setup becomes source-->IC-->amp-->cable-->4P? or would it just be source-->cable-->4P?

Sep 11, 2002 at 6:33 AM Post #2 of 5
hmm... i'm wondering if nobody's replying because everybody just goes for 4S and thus no one has bought these cables... or if it's just a really dumb question and i have unwittingly shamed myself already...
tongue.gif

anyway, i'd appreciate any help on this, cuz it has a huge influence on how i'm going to be saving/spending my money this coming year...
smily_headphones1.gif
thanks in advance oh wiser headphone gurus!

Sep 11, 2002 at 6:38 AM Post #3 of 5
Well, the idea of using the conversion cable is to have the 4p for non-amped listening, and using the cable for amped listening to increase sound quality. But to be honest, I really don't understand what you are asking. The cable is not designed to put in front of your interconnect, as you have indicated in your first post.

putting the cable between the source and the headphones withoug an amp defeats the whole purpose of the conversion cable.

Sep 11, 2002 at 2:30 PM Post #4 of 5
heh, well, thanks for reaffirming that i was just shaming myself. i also edited the little flow chart above... didn't notice before that i got that mixed up.

well, thanks a lot jeff guidry!
biggrin.gif
now i know what to do with my money...

*sigh*... my wallet...

Sep 12, 2002 at 8:25 AM Post #5 of 5
I have a related question related to p->s conversion cable.
i wonder if any body tried this.

if after converting the etys to 4s an amp is recommended then can I just add a 75 ohm resistor to the amp output itself?

what i mean is if the cable just increases the impedence by 75 ohms then instead of buying the cable and the amp can another output jack be added to the amp (easier in DIY amps) with 75 ohms resistance which will do the same job?

thanx

RawHit

Users who are viewing this thread

Back