Question about Shure Olives?
May 25, 2012 at 6:44 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

rt310

100+ Head-Fier
Just a quick question; what earphones does it fit? i've heard good reviews on this site about it, but i'm not sure if they are designed for only the shure range, and not others. i have a pair of monoprice 8320s and was wondering if i could use them on it.

May 25, 2012 at 10:30 AM Post #2 of 2
Quote:
Just a quick question; what earphones does it fit? i've heard good reviews on this site about it, but i'm not sure if they are designed for only the shure range, and not others. i have a pair of monoprice 8320s and was wondering if i could use them on it.

Outside the Shure line, I'm not sure all the brands that they can fit natively on, however it's generally easy to tell if it has a chance at fitting.  if the IEM has a long, thin nozzle, there's a good chance it will fit.  If it has a short or wide nozzle, it probably won't.   I know Westones will fit them.   I'm not sure what Monoprice's monitors have.

However, for the wider barrel monitors, it's very popular to mod some Olives to fit by doing a little black foam surgery.  Search for the "olive decoring" mod, where the inner PVC tube is cut away and removed so that tubes from something like Comply tips can be inserted instead.

I've attempted this for some HiFiMan RE-0's with mixed success.  The tip worked, but wanted to stay in my ear after removing the IEM.  The tip was worth it, but the hassle turned out not to be, so I put the Sony Hybrids back on my RE0's and just bought SE-535s to be done with it and use my olives
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back