Question about Sennheiser HD-555's :o.
Jul 16, 2008 at 1:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

Saana

New Head-Fier
Joined
Jul 16, 2008
Posts
24
Likes
0
So, I'm going to buy new earphones for 80€.
I use them for music (Black,death metal and grind core), movies and games.

Well, i was thinking about the HD-555's, and i was wondering is the sound bad without amplifier? :/

And, would be nice if you suggested some other earphones, which would feel nice on head because I will be wearing them most of the day :3.
 
Jul 16, 2008 at 1:27 PM Post #3 of 12

Saana

New Head-Fier
Joined
Jul 16, 2008
Posts
24
Likes
0
Which sound card ? I'm getting Creative X-Fi XtremeGamer.
smily_headphones1.gif
 
Jul 16, 2008 at 1:54 PM Post #4 of 12

moogoob

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Mar 21, 2008
Posts
2,023
Likes
12
Should be good. A buddy of mine uses the same setup, and the games Portal and Team Fortress 2 sounded fantastic.
smily_headphones1.gif
 
Jul 16, 2008 at 2:07 PM Post #5 of 12

Saana

New Head-Fier
Joined
Jul 16, 2008
Posts
24
Likes
0
Quote:

Originally Posted by moogoob /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Should be good. A buddy of mine uses the same setup, and the games Portal and Team Fortress 2 sounded fantastic.
smily_headphones1.gif



Ok thanks :3.
 
Jul 16, 2008 at 2:56 PM Post #6 of 12

JackeShan

100+ Head-Fier
Joined
Jun 11, 2008
Posts
376
Likes
15
I used the Sennheiser HD555 earlier. I used to have them with Creative X-Fi XtremeGamer and it wasn't that bad. But I wasn't happy enough with them so I bought the Asus Xonar D2X. Way way better sound with them, the mids are much more clearer with Xonar D2X. They were fantastic for games though.

If you do get them and Creative X-Fi, remember to use the equalizer. I bump the bass and treble up a little bit, (20-200hz), and (2khz to 16khz). Otherwise the phones are just way too colorless, not alive etc.

You'll be happy with them. I know I was the first time I got them
smily_headphones1.gif


Remember to use the EQ when watching movies/ listening to music!
 
Jul 16, 2008 at 7:04 PM Post #7 of 12

Saana

New Head-Fier
Joined
Jul 16, 2008
Posts
24
Likes
0
Quote:

Originally Posted by JackeShan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I used the Sennheiser HD555 earlier. I used to have them with Creative X-Fi XtremeGamer and it wasn't that bad. But I wasn't happy enough with them so I bought the Asus Xonar D2X. Way way better sound with them, the mids are much more clearer with Xonar D2X. They were fantastic for games though.

If you do get them and Creative X-Fi, remember to use the equalizer. I bump the bass and treble up a little bit, (20-200hz), and (2khz to 16khz). Otherwise the phones are just way too colorless, not alive etc.

You'll be happy with them. I know I was the first time I got them
smily_headphones1.gif


Remember to use the EQ when watching movies/ listening to music!



I'm using integrated sound and 15€ earphones now, and I'm pretty much happy to these so xD I don't understand much x)
Well, not so happy but, they're fine, except even at full volume they're not enough oO and make strange annoying sound sometimes xd.
 
Jul 16, 2008 at 7:47 PM Post #8 of 12

gorgak

Head-Fier
Joined
Jul 8, 2008
Posts
87
Likes
0
Quote:

Originally Posted by Saana /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Which sound card ? I'm getting Creative X-Fi XtremeGamer.
smily_headphones1.gif



This is my exact setup. I've had the HD555's for a week now. Sounds damn good.

Just make sure to change the Creative Console to "Audio Creation Mode" and check the "bit-matched playback" box for music, and switch to game mode for the games. Also, be sure to select "headphones" as the speaker type.
 
Jul 17, 2008 at 3:48 AM Post #12 of 12

longie11

Head-Fier
Joined
Jun 5, 2008
Posts
65
Likes
0
Great headphones. I have 2 pair that I use for late night movie watching with the wife while the kids are asleep. I use a y splitter and dolby headphone from the receiver and have no problem driving them to reasonable sound levels.

There good with music too amped or unamped. I've used them with my minibox e+ and sure the sound is better but it's not a big difference at all. Other headphones benefit alot more from an amp. Nice choice.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Top