Question about selling (I know this is not the selling thread)
Aug 9, 2008 at 11:55 AM Post #16 of 25
I'd have to think- if you can't follow the rules and try to work around them, it might reflect poorly on you and limit your customer base?

If you contribute a little information or insight to some posts you can get the needed 26 posts in a week. In that way you’ll establish some name recognition, friends and when you post a For Sale Listing others will be more familiar with you. It’s all community and becoming a member of the community is more than a quick hit and run.

Mitch

Aug 9, 2008 at 4:19 PM Post #17 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by braillediver /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'd have to think- if you can't follow the rules and try to work around them, it might reflect poorly on you and limit your customer base?

Nah. I just grew up in New York. We always try and find the more quick way to make money $$
icon10.gif
But never dishonestly.

Aug 9, 2008 at 5:08 PM Post #18 of 25
The only reason those rules on the fs/ft forums are in place is to protect against people who are looking to make a quick buck with a scam.

Ebay stops that with buyer protection.

Therefore, I don't see a problem. The purpose of this forum is for headphone enthusiasts to share their knowledge. Why is it different from another person linking to a website like amazon.com with a hot offer?

Aug 9, 2008 at 5:14 PM Post #19 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by audible /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The only reason those rules on the fs/ft forums are in place is to protect against people who are looking to make a quick buck with a scam.

Ebay stops that with buyer protection.

Therefore, I don't see a problem. The purpose of this forum is for headphone enthusiasts to share their knowledge. Why is it different from another person linking to a website like amazon.com with a hot offer?

Well, ebay offers the buyer protection because they skim off of every sale made through them...unlike head-fi. Basically, we can enjoy fee-free selling here on Head-fi as long as scams are kept to a minimum. If there is a rash of people using head-fi to advertise for free an ebay auction, it would be a bit of a misuse of the forums. Not to mention it would probably artificially jack up the prices of used merchandise.

Wow. I really have turned on myself in just a couple of days. Ha!

Aug 10, 2008 at 2:36 PM Post #20 of 25
How'd he get feedbacks as a buyer?? I'm short, too, and I can't reply to the FS posts in time to make a difference. I've sent several PM's, three within 30 minutes of the original sales post, but someone posting on the actual thread has always trumped me... and my messages in PM have always been "I'll take it"--seems like the sellers never see my PM's first--I'll get responses to my PMs 4-15 hours later saying, "sorry, sold"--one time, the guy said he hadn't seen my PM in time.

I lurk a lot because I have little that's knowledgeable to say... I'm not objecting to the standards, I'd just like to know how the heck he was able to purchase from an HF FS post.

Aug 10, 2008 at 2:47 PM Post #21 of 25
I have seen it happen, but what i suggest is you put it on head-fi, wait a week, see if they get sold then put them on ebay. That seems reasonable to me.

Aug 10, 2008 at 3:04 PM Post #22 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by moredes /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How'd he get feedbacks as a buyer?? I'm short, too, and I can't reply to the FS posts in time to make a difference. I've sent several PM's, three within 30 minutes of the original sales post, but someone posting on the actual thread has always trumped me... and my messages in PM have always been "I'll take it"--seems like the sellers never see my PM's first--I'll get responses to my PMs 4-15 hours later saying, "sorry, sold"--one time, the guy said he hadn't seen my PM in time.

I lurk a lot because I have little that's knowledgeable to say... I'm not objecting to the standards, I'd just like to know how the heck he was able to purchase from an HF FS post.

Sometimes things can sell in minutes and even if you're fairly quick, eg: 5-10 minutes after the ad has been posted, you still may not get the item.

Aug 10, 2008 at 3:37 PM Post #23 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by a1joe507 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, ebay offers the buyer protection because they skim off of every sale made through them...unlike head-fi. Basically, we can enjoy fee-free selling here on Head-fi as long as scams are kept to a minimum. If there is a rash of people using head-fi to advertise for free an ebay auction, it would be a bit of a misuse of the forums. Not to mention it would probably artificially jack up the prices of used merchandise.

Wow. I really have turned on myself in just a couple of days. Ha!

You sure did!
Its stunning how much one can learn in a day at Head-Fi.
wink.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by moredes /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Well, 30 minutes may be too late for FS threads around here.
Some sell in a couple of minutes, while others stay up "forever". You just need to be trigger happy...

Aug 12, 2008 at 2:21 PM Post #25 of 25
Well done!
tongue.gif

Lots of FS threats out already..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back