Question About Paying Someone via Paypal
May 29, 2010 at 12:17 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

dj_mocok

Headphoneus Supremus
Okay this might sound dumb, but I just wanna make sure of the process of paying someone via Paypal.
I use Paypal to pay for stuff regularly, but they are either via eBay or from website/shopping cart.

But I am getting an item from a person overseas, and I thought I'd better use Paypal so in case he screws me, I can still at least claim it via my CC dispute/fraud.
Anyway, so if I want to send money to that person, do I just get his paypal account details, and then use the "send money" option on my paypal account? And if I say $1000, I won't be charged any commission/fees at all right? But Paypal will take 2.9% of the total amount I send to him?
So, eg. I send $1000, it will arrive into his account for $ 1000 - 2.9% ?

May 29, 2010 at 2:10 AM Post #2 of 2

Quote:
Anyway, so if I want to send money to that person, do I just get his paypal account details, and then use the "send money" option on my paypal account? And if I say $1000, I won't be charged any commission/fees at all right? But Paypal will take 2.9% of the total amount I send to him?
So, eg. I send $1000, it will arrive into his account for $ 1000 - 2.9% ?

That's right.

Can't say much regarding safety though. I've never had to deal with that myself and what I've seen around has been somewhat mixed. Better than a straight bank transfer I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back