Question about CX-300s tips
Mar 6, 2006 at 9:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

NDS

Head-Fier
I recently (2 weeks ago) got a pair of cx-300s along with some ksc-75s but thats irrelavent. I read about how different flanges/tip, is that the right term?, affect the sound. Where would I go about buying foamies for them? What other IEMs tips fit on the cx-300s?

Mar 8, 2006 at 7:24 AM Post #3 of 6
well i ordered double flanges and foamies for super.fi's. I'm splitting it with my friends (hje, cx300s, apple in ear,ex71s) Hopefully it'll fit. If the sony tips fit on the cx300s the super.fis should fit on them too. I'll get back when I actually get them though.

Mar 8, 2006 at 4:01 PM Post #4 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by NDS
well i ordered double flanges and foamies for super.fi's. I'm splitting it with my friends (hje, cx300s, apple in ear,ex71s) Hopefully it'll fit. If the sony tips fit on the cx300s the super.fis should fit on them too. I'll get back when I actually get them though.

Cool! I look forward to hearing your impressions.

icon10.gif

Mar 8, 2006 at 4:17 PM Post #5 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by NDS

I had the biflanges and they fit but a bit loose. You need to use something to secure it tightly in place. If not, you lose isolation and bass.

Check out this thread too.

Mar 16, 2006 at 8:52 PM Post #6 of 6
I'm disappointed with the biflanges, they dont isolate as well as i thought they would, definitely an improvement above the regular sleeves but for me i find it hard to get a good seal. I thought that the biflanges fit on the cx-300 pretty well though more secure than the ones that were supplied by sennheiser. The foamies, which I am currently using now, are very good. They are sort of a tight fit and it'll take a bit of squeezing and angling to get them onto the cx-300s. I noticed improved mids/highs and less overbearing bass. I'm probably going to get the Shure PA757M sleeves next depending what i decide to do with my 75 dollar amazon gift certificate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back