Question about AD700 sound leakage
Oct 31, 2010 at 5:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

prime323

New Head-Fier
I have searched and these headphones are the best for under 100$ for gaming. Now I will be using these in my room only, with nobody there. But there's a room next to me. Is the leakage on these headphones so bad that the person in the next room could hear it?

Oct 31, 2010 at 5:39 PM Post #2 of 7

Riku540

1000+ Head-Fier
Not at all. Only if there was someone in the room with you, and even at that not nearly as bad as other open headphones I think.

Maybe if you blast them, and the person in the other room was listening for it. Shouldn't be anything near enough to wake somebody if that's what your concern is.

Oct 31, 2010 at 5:42 PM Post #3 of 7

kite7

Headphoneus Supremus
If the other person in the next room can hear you, you're probably playing at ear deafening volumes otherwise there's really not much possibility.

Oct 31, 2010 at 6:00 PM Post #4 of 7

WalkmanMan

Head-Fier
Will the sound leak through the door or wall? Through my experience using closed (technically semi-closed) headphones (XB500) at max volume through my stereo I was able to hear them with my door closed, 10ft. down the hall, around a corner and another 10ft. away, with a total of 4 walls and 15ft. between me and headphones. Needless to say the right speaker blew and I had to go pick up another pair today which I started listening to 5 minutes ago and they're amazing of course 
smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif

So I don't think open headphones are a good idea if there's one wall seperating you. I would get closed or at least semi-closed

Quote:
I have searched and these headphones are the best for under 100$ for gaming. Now I will be using these in my room only, with nobody there. But there's a room next to me. Is the leakage on these headphones so bad that the person in the next room could hear it?

Oct 31, 2010 at 6:43 PM Post #5 of 7

miloxo

100+ Head-Fier
Unless you listen to a stupid high volume, no.

Oct 31, 2010 at 8:10 PM Post #7 of 7

Riku540

1000+ Head-Fier
Quote:
Will the sound leak through the door or wall? Through my experience using closed (technically semi-closed) headphones (XB500) at max volume through my stereo I was able to hear them with my door closed, 10ft. down the hall, around a corner and another 10ft. away, with a total of 4 walls and 15ft. between me and headphones. Needless to say the right speaker blew and I had to go pick up another pair today which I started listening to 5 minutes ago and they're amazing of course 
smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif

So I don't think open headphones are a good idea if there's one wall seperating you. I would get closed or at least semi-closed

Are you accounting for them being on someone's head by putting them on some books or something? They're obviously going to be much louder if the drivers aren't against something...

Users who are viewing this thread