Quality recording, bass guitar rich, clean... bluesy? rock
Jul 28, 2005 at 3:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

MrDetermination

Head-Fier
I just listened to "My Lovely Man" by the Red Hot Chili Peppers off of the Blood Sugar Sex Magic album about 10 times in a row.

Holy crap. My eardrums are bleeding. But man... I haven't enjoyed a recording/listening session that much in a while.

I DEMAND YOU SUGGEST STUFF IN THE SAME GENRE!

IMMEDIATELY!

Jul 28, 2005 at 3:57 PM Post #2 of 10
Old stevie wonder
Old parliament/funkadellic
prince and the revolution

All are better performed and recorded
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 28, 2005 at 4:01 PM Post #3 of 10
I think you'll find some pretty amazingly awesome bass work in Nirvana's older albums.

Nirvana - Bleach

This album contains many fabulous and well-recorded/mixed bass lines. "Love Buzz" is one that really stands out in my mind. Also, "About a Girl" and "Mr. Moustache" are great.

Jul 28, 2005 at 8:58 PM Post #5 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by MrDetermination
I just listened to "My Lovely Man" by the Red Hot Chili Peppers off of the Blood Sugar Sex Magic album about 10 times in a row.

Holy crap. My eardrums are bleeding. But man... I haven't enjoyed a recording/listening session that much in a while.

I DEMAND YOU SUGGEST STUFF IN THE SAME GENRE!

IMMEDIATELY!

I DEMAND YOU LISTEN TO GANG OF FOUR'S "ENTERTAINMENT" (well, I suggest it strongly, anyway...)

Jul 28, 2005 at 9:30 PM Post #6 of 10
That is a great album.

For good bass tone and solid blues rock, check out Gov't Mule - Live With a Little Help From Our Friends, too...

Aug 6, 2005 at 3:51 PM Post #9 of 10
MrD, watcha doin here!
tongue.gif

If you're into bass guitar, Primus bassist Les Claypool is bound to be your man
biggrin.gif
Its not really the same style, its more heavy than RHCP, but man, bass is killer!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back