Quality PC for Singlepower MPX3
Oct 29, 2008 at 2:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Gollie

100+ Head-Fier
I have been searching for a quality power cord for my soon to be shipped MPX3 SLAM. I originally decided on the Zu Bok via ebay but then ran across Markl's thread bashing it's sonic characteristics.

I am looking to spend around $300 for a good quality PC. So far I have been searching for a used Zu Mother but I know there has to be other quality PC/IC's on the market that are not made by Zu (and can be had for a reasonable price).

Recommendations?

Oct 29, 2008 at 5:02 PM Post #3 of 9
Second hand Nordost Vishnus usually go for around $300 and IMO the difference is they make is not subtle...

Oct 29, 2008 at 5:06 PM Post #4 of 9
I think i'm going to try the Blacks Sand Violet for this go around.

Oct 29, 2008 at 5:38 PM Post #6 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gollie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think i'm going to try the Blacks Sand Violet for this go around.

I was looking at the same cable. Good call. Let me know how you like it. I'm using a VD Power 1 and was very impressed with the improvement to the amp.

Oct 29, 2008 at 6:48 PM Post #7 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by XXII /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What cable are you using with your Paradisea?

Right now i'm using the Zu Birth.

I just ordered a Mother (commited before fully reading Markl's thread) via Audiogon which I will probably put on the Paradisea. The Black Sand will go on the Amp and the Birth will move to my PC.

Oct 29, 2008 at 10:21 PM Post #8 of 9
I heard VD Power3, Nite Platinum, Master 3 and VeraStarr Silver Reference ... they all gave better sound to the powercord. :xf_cool:

It's fine tuning ... each PC give you different highs levels, bass, width and depth of soundstage and tonalities.

It's hard to suggest you something.

But I think 300$ it's a good price for PC ... not excessive.

Grats for your purchase! :xf_cool: You will love the MPX3 Slam with HD650!

Oct 30, 2008 at 12:24 AM Post #9 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gollie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Right now i'm using the Zu Birth.

I just ordered a Mother (commited before fully reading Markl's thread) via Audiogon which I will probably put on the Paradisea. The Black Sand will go on the Amp and the Birth will move to my PC.

Well you should shuffle them around and see what sounds best with what. In my experience, the Paradisea responds a lot to power cord changes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back