Quality EQ apps for ipod/iphone/ipad
Jun 21, 2013 at 6:31 AM Post #406 of 458
I have un-jailbreak iPod 2G with the  iOS 4.2.1. What is the best apps for EQ? or any other apps that involves Player

Jul 1, 2013 at 3:08 PM Post #407 of 458
just downloaded the free version of accudio.  I got it to play a song or two and then went back to ipod player.  Then when I went back to accudio it will not play anything, it keeps opening the browser and connects to accudio page.  Any setting to get this to stop or is the free version that buggy?

Jul 7, 2013 at 6:40 PM Post #408 of 458
I've been using Radsone for a while. To my ears Radsone definitely improves on the sound quality produced from the iPhone built in audio player. I don't typically use EQ so i haven't really played with the function but it's a 10 bar EQ with a healthy amount of pre-sets.

I downloaded it for free a while ago but the full version appears to be £2.99 now, their is a free version available but i haven't used that.

Jul 17, 2013 at 1:13 AM Post #409 of 458
Which EQ app would best fit this criteria? ...

1. Gapless Playback
2. Library functions simliar to stock ipod player
3. great sound (obviously!)

I have accudio, sounds good but i don't like the interface much,too fiddly and buggy and no gapless playback. I also have the free Denon app,which works well i like the interface, as it's similar to the itunes one,easy to use but no gapless...

What do you think i should try next?-I listen to lots of dj mixes, so gapless is very important for me.

Jul 17, 2013 at 7:14 AM Post #410 of 458

1. Gapless Playback

I have accudio, sounds good but i don't like the interface much,too fiddly and buggy and no gapless playback. I also have the free Denon app,which works well i like the interface, as it's similar to the itunes one,easy to use but no gapless...

What do you think i should try next?-I listen to lots of dj mixes, so gapless is very important for me.

I like Equalizer and EQ10.

Jul 17, 2013 at 2:55 PM Post #412 of 458
Quote:
Thanks. Could you confirm whether equalizer has gapless playback?-I can't see anything about it on the info.. 

Not sure. 

Jul 17, 2013 at 4:17 PM Post #413 of 458
Just had to try it. It does have gapless playback, and it's great! 
regular_smile .gif

Thanks for the recommendation.

Jul 17, 2013 at 6:44 PM Post #414 of 458
Quote:
Just had to try it. It does have gapless playback, and it's great! 
regular_smile .gif

Thanks for the recommendation.

Glad it worked for ya. 

Jul 23, 2013 at 1:14 AM Post #415 of 458
Quote:
Lunatique said:

Accudio is far from being neutral. The people behind it don't really understand what neutral is when it comes to headphone frequency response. I wrote a post detailing what the problem is here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/644688/the-accudio-app-by-golden-ears-a-headphone-revolution/60#post_9304107

As for all the apps that are processing the audio to "enhance" it in any way other than your own custom EQ curve, my advice has always been to stay the hell away from them, because it's no different than just randomly slapping a mastering plugin onto your audio bus instead of addressing the exact deficiencies of your specific headphone. The people who make these audio enhancing apps have no idea the exact headphone model you're using, so it's extremely likely that whatever "enhancement" is going on is actually exacerbating the already problematic areas of your headphone's frequency response. Apps that claim to have unique custom EQ curves for specific headphone models (such as Accudio) are only as good as the people who are behind them, and Accudio is NOT what I consider reliable and authoritative. I have no idea if Audyssey's take on the idea is better--I'll have to try it and see, but there's no free version to try like Accudio.

To date, the only sensible solution I've seen, is to EQ your headphone according to its specific frequency response measurement (can be found on reliable, authoritative websites like InnerFidelity). A straightforward parametric EQ with an intuitive GUI that allows exact input of frequency, bandwidth, and gain, is still the best solution. And Equalizer is still the best one, considering all that.

Interesting take on things. I just bought the se535's, and just want to had a hint more bass presence. So, by your suggestion, a simple eq app should do what I'm looking for?

Jul 30, 2013 at 1:14 AM Post #416 of 458
Quote:

1. Gapless Playback

oh, I started a new thread for this, I guess I shoulda just asked in here.  I see u went with equalizer.  How is it compared to the ipod player, as far as ease of choosing artists, and having it automatically play entire albums rather than having to manually add songs?

Jul 30, 2013 at 1:41 AM Post #417 of 458
Well I still use it as my main player at the moment,because I like to eq the sub bass,but if I didn't need eq,I would definitely go back to the stock player.
It's quite similar to the stock player in terms of searching,but a bit more fiddly to use,and it has a tab in the middle that is too tall that covers up the words 'songs' and 'albums'(hard to explain without seeing it!).I asked about this and apparently there is going to be a new design later this year,so hopefully that will change.
I'm still looking for an app that is identical to the stock player,but with eq though...

Jul 30, 2013 at 4:16 PM Post #418 of 458
I just got an iPhone and can't seem to find a good equalizer app that works for internet radio stations, slacker specifically.  I've tried all the 'free' ones, but they all seem to be players and only adjust the sound for the music detected by or loaded to the player.  I'm hesitant to purchase pay apps for fear that it will be the same outcome.  Just looking for anybody whose had experience with an equalizer app that works for the overall sound for the phone including slacker radio.  What makes this frustrating is that I had a Droid X2 and found an app that stayed on in the background and worked on all sounds, including when you are listening to the built in or downloaded ringtones, and of course internet radio.  I haven't found anything like it for my new iPhone, so any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Jul 30, 2013 at 6:43 PM Post #419 of 458
Quote:
Well I still use it as my main player at the moment,because I like to eq the sub bass,but if I didn't need eq,I would definitely go back to the stock player.
It's quite similar to the stock player in terms of searching,but a bit more fiddly to use,and it has a tab in the middle that is too tall that covers up the words 'songs' and 'albums'(hard to explain without seeing it!).I asked about this and apparently there is going to be a new design later this year,so hopefully that will change.
I'm still looking for an app that is identical to the stock player,but with eq though...

Have you tried the denon app?  Its actually pretty good UI, you can choose an album and up top it'll say add all.  Push that and screen pops up saying "replace now & qeue", if you push that it basically goes through the album in order.  Also, they set it up similar to ipod, there's playlists section there which I guess imports your ipod playlists.

You can download the app for free and get a feel for the interface.  But if you want the equalizer portion of it you have to pay $2.

Jul 31, 2013 at 1:54 AM Post #420 of 458
Yes I've tried that,the only thing is doesnt have gapless playback,which is a shame otherwise I would probably use that instead.(I listen to a lot of mix albums).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back