Qualia update! Sad but true!
May 28, 2004 at 5:08 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

kartik

Headphoneus Supremus
Below is the email in response to my purchase enquiry for the Qualia 010.
EIFL replies:
Hi! Kartik,

Sony will sell Qualia directly to end users.

Sony will not sell Qualia to dealers.

I will delete Qualia from my website soon.

Regards Koji/EIFL

Oh Woe is me!

Oh well, VPI Scout here I come!

May 28, 2004 at 5:14 AM Post #2 of 13
No reason to be disappointed. It will be sold in the US through the Manhattan Qualia store as well as through the US Qualia 1-800 number. There's no reason to order from EIFL.

May 28, 2004 at 5:17 AM Post #4 of 13
That sums it up, kartik. Sony will sell the Qualia line only through its own special store (in Manhattan/NYC) and directly to the consumers (by phone, not through any Web site or online). That's sad, especially now that Sony had closed its Chicago retail store this past March. Which means that if I want any Sony products that the usual Best Buy or Circuit City doesn't carry, and I don't want to order online, then I would have to drive at least 40 miles (or way out into the far suburbs) to the nearest Sony Outlet store.

May 28, 2004 at 5:25 AM Post #5 of 13
That is a good point IMO, if they sell you directly, you can return them easily, if you do not like them....I will give them a try for sure, at least in the store....

May 28, 2004 at 6:13 AM Post #6 of 13
That's most unfortunate for you. I thought it was a bit strange that EIFL had that there. I thought it was only sold retail in the qualia store and apparently it is.

May 28, 2004 at 6:22 AM Post #7 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by lan
That's most unfortunate for you. I thought it was a bit strange that EIFL had that there. I thought it was only sold retail in the qualia store and apparently it is.

Where the devil is the Qualia store?
In that dreadful Sony place in Midtown?

May 28, 2004 at 6:28 AM Post #8 of 13
kartik:
Patience is a virtue that most of us do not have, right????
Just resuming, the Qualia is supposed to be released in June (or July) and there should be more Qualias there, than what we were willing to buy, so why the rush and why not waiting? It sould be in somepleace in the neighborhood....

May 28, 2004 at 8:48 AM Post #9 of 13
I'll contact sony while I am here in japan and see what is happening with the 010.

for now, I have to contact my local electronics store to order the STAX O2.
biggrin.gif

May 28, 2004 at 1:14 PM Post #11 of 13
I wonder how Koji came up with his advertised price (US$2,150(US$) + $100 P&I = $2,250) without some kind of agreement with Sony in place already.

He also states on his website that the Sony R10's are from a "Stock Sale", which I take to mean he has them. But when you contact him, he has to order them and you wait 2 months.

Wierd.

May 28, 2004 at 1:53 PM Post #12 of 13
I'm not impatient but for a change I 'd like to get my birthday present on or before my birthday. Moreover the tag on the US price was $2600, while the EIFL price was $2150. My rush was to try to save money too. Unfortunately this deal has now passed.

May 28, 2004 at 3:28 PM Post #13 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by jpelg
He also states on his website that the Sony R10's are from a "Stock Sale", which I take to mean he has them. But when you contact him, he has to order them and you wait 2 months.

yeah I saw that too. you'd think he meant he has too many in stock, huh.

perhaps he meant to say "Lost money on Stock, must make Sale!" - something always gets lost in the translation
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back