Qobuz lowers streaming prices
Jan 26, 2015 at 5:10 PM Post #46 of 93
 Hi Razorpakk,Completely agree! The Qobuz search engine is a mess. They are in the process in revamping the site presently. Like i mentioned, the new mobile app is a serious step up from the previous incarnation. If replicate it to desk top ui they should be on a winner. 

Jan 27, 2015 at 11:31 AM Post #48 of 93
Are you guys in the U.S.?   I am in the U.S. and Qobuz' search engine has been working great for me.  I am able to search by artist, song, album, etc. with no problems.

I'm in Brazil. Works fine for me. It also works fine for me when I'm in Canada. I'm using the French language interface. I don't know whether that makes a difference

Feb 19, 2015 at 10:50 AM Post #49 of 93
I agree with the comments regarding classical music but TBH Spotify isn't much better.

However, I'm a bit peeved at Qobuz as they've moved the goalposts on their Basic subscription service.  Their website specifically says that with the Basic subscription you can listen to music 'on the go'.  I used the Qobuz Squeezebox plugin on my iPod while in my workshop in the garden. All worked fine for months.  Suddenly now all I can get are 59 seconds and then onto the next track.

When I contacted Qobuz they said that Basic was only for desktops.  So 'on the go'?  Stick the desktop under  my arm?  Sadly, I have told Qobuz where they can stick their Basic subscription.

Mar 5, 2015 at 10:45 AM Post #50 of 93

I am having a problem with gapless on Qobuz.  I only have a "Toggle" check box and no time setting.  No matter how I toggle the checkbox I get gapless playback.  I would like a little gap of 2-3 seconds between songs.  Do you know how I can fix this?

Mar 16, 2015 at 9:57 AM Post #51 of 93
I have been testing these services out recently. 

I have tried Tidal, albeit not living within the geography they serve, after many weeks of issues, I have finally also "tried" WIMP (basically Tidal in other geographies) and aslo both Qobuz and Spotify.

I agree with another poster that the Qobuz stream seems to be more stable that WIMP/Tidal, but I also found on some music that the latter sounded thinner somehow.

Spotify is a decent service, but no High Res of course.

The last test is to see whether I can really discern a difference in SQ when using the High Res services over Spotify.

I personally still find the subscription prices too high. I would probably pay 9.99 a month (Eur) but 19.99 is too much in my opinion.

Jun 29, 2015 at 1:01 PM Post #52 of 93
Funny how opinions can differ 
smily_headphones1.gif
  I switched from Spotify to Qobuz a month ago and I really tried to like 'em.  But no luck, I cancelled and am back to Spotify; still find they have a better selection, also with the labels that are not as easy to find (BIS, Harmonia Mundi....).  Spotify's also a bit cheaper so the choice to move back. I'm indifferent as to the search interface, neither is really very good with classical works where you can have one work but with many different artists performing.

One thing I have to give Qobuz:  their web-player worked at the office, spotify unfortunately is blocked.

So spotify it will be, or occasionally for that rare gem I'll purchase online and download the CD.  But no more boxsets; they're comparatively cheap but typically you get a mess with a couple of pearls floating in a sea of mediocrity.

Jul 21, 2015 at 3:47 PM Post #53 of 93
Hey guys !

I'm currently a Spotify Premium user but I'd like to try Qobuz hi-res to see if I can enjoy it on my current set up.

I own a Yamaha MCR-N560 system with a Yamaha subwoofer. It is Spotify Connect compatible, but I'm wondering what options I have to stream Qobuz. I first thought about using Airfoil (which makes AirPlay available for windows) as the MCR-N560 works with airplay, but I've read that this will only stream at CD-quality. Having a Spotify account, I would subscribe to Qobuz if I'm able to enjoy the Hi-res albums.

So how can I play Qobuz on my PC through my Yamaha system at high resolution ?
I know that the obvious answer is probably buying a good DAC, but I'd like to know if there's any other way to connect my PC to my system whithout reducing the quality ?

MCR-N560 inputs are two USB, one coaxial and optical, one RCA and one 3.5mm jack.

Thanks !

Sep 25, 2015 at 11:07 AM Post #58 of 93
Just tried re-installing the desktop app, no check in Gapless on settings.  Still ran songs together, no gap in between.  I don't see a way to set a gap, only a crossfade duration. 

Thanks for the quick response!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back