Qobuz Lossless Streaming Service Thread
Nov 1, 2022 at 7:42 AM Post #1,891 of 2,130
and I believe Roon and Audirvana only work with a Core on a PC

Roon has the "core" (media server) solution, but Audirvana does not. Aurdirvana is essentially an advanced music player for Mac and PC, which also integrates with Tidal, Qobuz, and one other streaming service out of Europe. The Studio version which includes the streaming service integration is a subscription model (similar to Roon), and those of us that use it feel it brings out the best sound in our setups.

Last edited:
Nov 2, 2022 at 1:10 AM Post #1,894 of 2,130
UAPP Pro will enable you to use one app for your stored files and to stream Qobuz and Tidal. Hiby will let you play your stored files and stream Tidal only. In neither app, though, will all your music, stored and streamed, appear in the same place - you'll have to toggle within the app. UAAP is probably the preferred option.
I use UAPP as well, excellent app. I do have HiBy RS6 and HiBy music player app. includes streaming capabilities for both Tidal and QoBuz.

Nov 2, 2022 at 11:43 AM Post #1,897 of 2,130
OK interesting. But I've read that Hiby Music player app did not allow gapeless playback... Is that true ?
In candor, I haven't used it since installing UAPP, so not sure.

Nov 18, 2022 at 10:44 AM Post #1,899 of 2,130
I've been using qobuz for a couple years now and one thing I still wish they could work on discoverability.
I think they are working on it because they sent me a quiz on it (but not only), a few weeks ago.

Nov 20, 2022 at 1:50 PM Post #1,901 of 2,130
i like qobuz very much but what i muss until today is a commend function, where i can write a short note on any song. sometimes i add a song and i make a note on evernote. it can be the place i head the song for the first time, the friend who recommended the song, or the acoustics on minute 2 that is amazing.

Nov 24, 2022 at 10:47 AM Post #1,902 of 2,130
The Qobuz android app just gets more and more baffling. Downloading is always slow, and the more downloads I have the slower it gets, but what's extraordinary is that CD quality downloads are so much slower than hi-res downloads. A CD download takes several times as long as a hi-res one, even though it's a fraction of the size. Bizarre.

Nov 24, 2022 at 12:18 PM Post #1,903 of 2,130
The Qobuz android app just gets more and more baffling. Downloading is always slow, and the more downloads I have the slower it gets, but what's extraordinary is that CD quality downloads are so much slower than hi-res downloads. A CD download takes several times as long as a hi-res one, even though it's a fraction of the size. Bizarre.
I still use Qobuz pretty regularly for streaming especially through Roon but for downloading on a DAP I use Apple Music since downloading (in lossless and Hi-res) is super fast.

Although, I’ve also noticed that downloading from Qobuz on the iPhone app is a much better experience.

Last edited:
Nov 24, 2022 at 12:57 PM Post #1,904 of 2,130
I still use Qobuz pretty regularly for streaming especially through Roon but for downloading on a DAP I use Apple Music since downloading (in lossless and Hi-res) is super fast.

Although, I’ve also noticed that downloading from Qobuz on the iPhone app is a much better experience.
I used Apple for a while for that reason - but every time I listen to Qobuz it sounds better. Can't get away from it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back