Qobuz Lossless Streaming Service Thread
Jul 22, 2022 at 3:56 AM Post #1,831 of 2,130
I've been using Qobuz on various different android devices for several years now. It's always had the same two big problems. Does anybody also have these, or have a solution?

1) I have a largish library (about 1000 albums), when I go into My Favourites, the app often shows no releases, or only the first 250 I added to my library. If I go out and in again more may appear, or it may just get stuck at nothing or 250. I would guess the 250 is the way it batch loads. This is a pretty rubbish user experience.
2) Downloading my whole library to offline never works - 1TB mSD card, A1 SanDisk. The first 20 or so albums download fine, and then it gets slower and slower until it's a crawl and it might take over an hour to download a single album, or it might just stop (one of the three download streams often gets stuck).

Overall, very frustrating. Tidal is no better on android and has the same increasingly slow download speed. The Apple Music app works really well, but I don't like the SQ.

Anybody have any solutions, or is it just an app problem? (Have contacted support. They are always very nice, but never seem to understand the problem.)

Currently using an iBasso dx240, but have had the same issues on LGs and various flagship Samsungs - though always used UAPP, to was streaming rather than downloading.

Jul 22, 2022 at 1:50 PM Post #1,832 of 2,130
I've been using Qobuz on various different android devices for several years now. It's always had the same two big problems. Does anybody also have these, or have a solution?

1) I have a largish library (about 1000 albums), when I go into My Favourites, the app often shows no releases, or only the first 250 I added to my library. If I go out and in again more may appear, or it may just get stuck at nothing or 250. I would guess the 250 is the way it batch loads. This is a pretty rubbish user experience.
2) Downloading my whole library to offline never works - 1TB mSD card, A1 SanDisk. The first 20 or so albums download fine, and then it gets slower and slower until it's a crawl and it might take over an hour to download a single album, or it might just stop (one of the three download streams often gets stuck).

Overall, very frustrating. Tidal is no better on android and has the same increasingly slow download speed. The Apple Music app works really well, but I don't like the SQ.

Anybody have any solutions, or is it just an app problem? (Have contacted support. They are always very nice, but never seem to understand the problem.)

Currently using an iBasso dx240, but have had the same issues on LGs and various flagship Samsungs - though always used UAPP, to was streaming rather than downloading.
Have you downloaded the app to a desktop or tried the browser version to see if the issue persists cross platform?

Jul 22, 2022 at 3:49 PM Post #1,833 of 2,130

I don’t have your specific problems, but I had enough of my own that I just cancelled my subscription last month. I waited and waited and waited for the app to improve, but it never did. If I were you I wouldn’t hold my breath.

Aug 9, 2022 at 3:05 PM Post #1,834 of 2,130
What's the deal with the volume slider within the Qobuz app when running exclusive mode? I thought exclusive mode only allowed volume to be controlled from your amplifier, the last thing in the audio chain? If volume is being altered digitally within the app, is that bitperfect?

Aug 9, 2022 at 5:02 PM Post #1,835 of 2,130
What's the deal with the volume slider within the Qobuz app when running exclusive mode? I thought exclusive mode only allowed volume to be controlled from your amplifier, the last thing in the audio chain? If volume is being altered digitally within the app, is that bitperfect?

If only the amplitude is being modified, then it's probably very close to bit-perfect. However, I do understand your concern, and we can't be sure unless the software designers stated one way or the other.

Aug 9, 2022 at 5:31 PM Post #1,836 of 2,130
I thought exclusive mode only allowed volume to be controlled from your amplifier
As far as I know, exclusive mode in Windows implies that only one program is allowed to connect to a sound device, but this does not prevent the program from digitally altering the content to be played, as is the case with the volume control. However, it is sufficient to set the volume to 100% in Qobuz so that there is no need to alter in any way the content to be sent to the device, as long as the application is correctly programmed.

Aug 9, 2022 at 5:37 PM Post #1,837 of 2,130
pretty happy with qobuz. the app either desktop or DAP is streamlined and very usable. the main downside, for me, is that i have not found too many new artists through curated playlists or autoplay and often find myself listening to music already in my catalog. however, being able to stream in lossless or hi-res adds another aspect to my listening experience, which at this point i would not want to be without.

Aug 9, 2022 at 5:41 PM Post #1,838 of 2,130
I don’t have your specific problems, but I had enough of my own that I just cancelled my subscription last month. I waited and waited and waited for the app to improve, but it never did. If I were you I wouldn’t hold my breath.
Yes the mobile app is terrible. I now stick to Spotify on the go (who needs hi res on a noisy tube anyway...) and only use the Qobuz desktop app at home - no issues with that one.

Aug 23, 2022 at 6:14 PM Post #1,839 of 2,130
I'm in the midwest in USA and cannot get Qobuz to stream on either laptop or android.

Anybody else having issues?

Aug 23, 2022 at 6:25 PM Post #1,841 of 2,130
Qobuz is down in a lot of countries atm

I just saw on Audiophilestyle.com there is a Official Qobuz Issues Thread, and one of the mods just posted this about the outage:

We know about the issue. It has to do with Akamai our CDN - but hopefully fixed soon. No eta yet.

Last edited:
Aug 27, 2022 at 9:33 PM Post #1,842 of 2,130
Does Sublime have a larger 24bit library vs. studio? The marketing language is quite vaugue (no surprise)

"Sublime gives you access to our entire catalogue of Hi-Res and CD quality albums, all available for streaming and download purchase with exclusive discounts up to 60%"

Is studio access limited / not the "entire" catalogue of Hi-Res ?

Aug 27, 2022 at 9:44 PM Post #1,843 of 2,130
I wouldn’t think so.

Aug 27, 2022 at 9:55 PM Post #1,844 of 2,130
Does Sublime have a larger 24bit library vs. studio? The marketing language is quite vaugue (no surprise)

"Sublime gives you access to our entire catalogue of Hi-Res and CD quality albums, all available for streaming and download purchase with exclusive discounts up to 60%"

Is studio access limited / not the "entire" catalogue of Hi-Res ?

If you look at their "Plans" page, you'll see that they say "Over 80 million tracks" for both subscription types, and the Sublime just offers discounts on purchases.

https://www.qobuz.com/us-en/music/streaming/offers

Aug 27, 2022 at 10:02 PM Post #1,845 of 2,130
If you look at their "Plans" page, you'll see that they say "Over 80 million tracks" for both subscription types, and the Sublime just offers discounts on purchases.

https://www.qobuz.com/us-en/music/streaming/offers

Yes, thanks I did see that and then assumed both plans had equal (max) access to hi-res file library -- when I clicked into the Sublime specific page - the use of the word "entire" caught my attention as odd as it implies Studio could be limited (in some regard) for streaming

Users who are viewing this thread

Back