Qobuz Lossless Streaming Service Thread
Jun 15, 2021 at 11:32 AM Post #1,546 of 2,130
I will try a day. CPU usage is about 60% with win app.
I also have a laptop with 8GB ram.
what about Audirvana? Maybe thats a better Qobus player?

Jun 16, 2021 at 3:42 PM Post #1,547 of 2,130
Nice. Qobuz desktop update today gave dark-mode macOS support. It finally fits in.

Jun 30, 2021 at 12:13 PM Post #1,548 of 2,130
Anyone updated their Qobuz app to version 6.0.0.2 for android ?

App has been running well up to this point, where after update, app could barely launch. When i did get it to launch, i was logged out, and all my offline imports disappeared.

After reinstalling, got the app to work, but this time, there are many issues with the track imports. With every 10 songs downloaded, at least 3 will be unplayable. There are many download failed errors as well.

I am running Qobuz on the iBasso DX300.

Reverted back to 5.20.0.1, things are running smoothly again.

Has anyone tried the new 6.0.0.2 ? Curious to see if anyone else has run into this issues.

Jul 5, 2021 at 5:23 PM Post #1,550 of 2,130

App has been running well up to this point, where after update, app could barely launch. When i did get it to launch, i was logged out, and all my offline imports disappeared.

After reinstalling, got the app to work, but this time, there are many issues with the track imports. With every 10 songs downloaded, at least 3 will be unplayable. There are many download failed errors as well.

Has anyone tried the new 6.0.0.2 ? Curious to see if anyone else has run into this issues.

On my Fiio M11 Pro, I updated and all hell broke loose with similar issues, but even worse - music simply wouldnt play. It would indicate as playing but no sound. Revert to 5.x.x. version and all well again.
Hi fellow Qobuz users, I discovered your problems with the version 6 Android App only now. There had been a report on the Cayin N6ii thread. I confirmed the same catastrophic failures.

I did post a bug report on Audiophile Style‘s Official Qobuz Issues Thread:
https://audiophilestyle.com/forums/...issues-thread/?do=findComment&comment=1145512

You could help by posting ”Me too“s on AS. We all seem to see the same problems with v6. EDIT: I added links to your posts into mine on AS.

My post on the N6ii thread is here:
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/cay...ly-modularized-smart-dap.904153/post-16441171
It refers to @gonzfi initial report there.

Last edited:
Jul 7, 2021 at 10:47 AM Post #1,551 of 2,130

On my Fiio M11 Pro, I updated and all hell broke loose with similar issues, but even worse - music simply wouldnt play. It would indicate as playing but no sound. Revert to 5.x.x. version and all well again.
I have the same issues on my Shanling m8 after Qobuz was updated.

Jul 24, 2021 at 2:53 PM Post #1,553 of 2,130
I just started my Qobuz trial today, and I like it so far. Switching from Amazon Music HD (trial), and not going to go that route for many reasons. So far, the stream quality seems really good and the app only crashed once on a very long song (Genesis : Supper's Ready), but otherwise it's working great with my iFi Zen DAC v2.

Edit: After updating the iFi drivers to the latest version (v5.12), the Qobuz Windows app crashes haven't happened. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2021 at 3:59 PM Post #1,554 of 2,130
Jul 30, 2021 at 12:39 AM Post #1,555 of 2,130
Jul 30, 2021 at 2:00 AM Post #1,556 of 2,130
I like qobuz. but cd quality is good enough for me.
bit perfect in windows app is a good thing+ chromecast support.
apple music is horrible.(don`t work with pc and chromecast)

Jul 30, 2021 at 10:15 AM Post #1,557 of 2,130
"The majority of streamed music — especially from popular services like Spotify and Apple Music — use compressed audio formats which yield worse sound quality than CDs or vinyl."
This review obviously was written before Apple Music released its lossless/Hi-res tier.

Agreed, nor did the author mention the plans Spotify has announced for later this year to offer a HD quality (CD Quality 16-bit/44.1kHz) tier. I guess they didn't do the research, or like you said, the article was written a while back and only published recently.

With that said, I do think they covered the value of the Qobuz service pretty well.

Jul 30, 2021 at 12:00 PM Post #1,558 of 2,130
Agreed, nor did the author mention the plans Spotify has announced for later this year to offer a HD quality (CD Quality 16-bit/44.1kHz) tier. I guess they didn't do the research, or like you said, the article was written a while back and only published recently.

With that said, I do think they covered the value of the Qobuz service pretty well.
I also agree Qobuz is the best music streaming service for audiophiles. And the reluctance of Amazon and now Apple to implement bit-perfect playback is absurd...

Jul 30, 2021 at 2:49 PM Post #1,560 of 2,130
True, but the Qobuz android app doesn't do bit perfect either...still need. UAPP. Tidal seems to be experimenting there.

Just curious since I don't own any Apple products: Does Apple provide bit perfect connectivity to external DACs on any of their devices?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back