Qobuz Lossless Streaming Service Thread
Sep 18, 2019 at 12:13 PM Post #886 of 2,130
hi guys a new guy here :D

i got Qobuz high res ( free trail now ) on my samsung S7 with Fiio Q1 Mk2 + Fiio FH7 and sound super But there some thing realy weird.

i got 26Gb of music on my S7 and next day i got 23gb and later on day onlye 10Gb where all my mucic go to ? i got 256Gb SD in my S7 so that not problem and other things i get error alot who realy random that i cant play that song even i just normal Flac and hour later it wil work and some times it full album i cant play

any more got this or know how to fix it. i hope it me who do some thing wrong and not app.

Sep 18, 2019 at 12:43 PM Post #887 of 2,130
Sep 18, 2019 at 12:53 PM Post #888 of 2,130
hi guys a new guy here :D

i got Qobuz high res ( free trail now ) on my samsung S7 with Fiio Q1 Mk2 + Fiio FH7 and sound super But there some thing realy weird.

i got 26Gb of music on my S7 and next day i got 23gb and later on day onlye 10Gb where all my mucic go to ? i got 256Gb SD in my S7 so that not problem and other things i get error alot who realy random that i cant play that song even i just normal Flac and hour later it wil work and some times it full album i cant play

any more got this or know how to fix it. i hope it me who do some thing wrong and not app.
Try using the app USB AUDIO Player Pro.
You will get a far superior sound quality. You can test the app for free. It should also help you with the other issues.

Sep 18, 2019 at 1:19 PM Post #889 of 2,130
Thanks. I have not tried it yet. I wonder if the difference is due to drivers and other differences between the local players, or if it's on Amazon's end.

Since Amazon HD is very new there may be changes as they get feedback. I suspect the SQ problem I hear is due to the way Amazon HD handles the stream using Windows Sound Mixer. Qobuz and Tidal allow the DAC to exclusively control playback resulting in higher bit perfect sound quality. I'm not even sure if Amazon is marketing to audio enthusiasts who care about ultimate sound quality. If they are they will license their API to companies like Roon and Audirvana.

Sep 18, 2019 at 1:29 PM Post #891 of 2,130
Sep 18, 2019 at 1:29 PM Post #892 of 2,130
Since Amazon HD is very new there may be changes as they get feedback. I suspect the SQ problem I hear is due to the way Amazon HD handles the stream using Windows Sound Mixer. Qobuz and Tidal allow the DAC to exclusively control playback resulting in higher bit perfect sound quality. I'm not even sure if Amazon is marketing to audio enthusiasts who care about ultimate sound quality. If they are they will license their API to companies like Roon and Audirvana.
Yeah I guess it would be where they think their market lies. Are they targeting the average consumer, who wants a little better SQ, targeting the audiophile or both?

I doubt they will ever license their API to Roon or Audirvana, for the same reason Spotify will not do so either. Amazon wants to retain full control of their product, they need neither Roon nor Audirvana.

Sep 20, 2019 at 10:23 AM Post #893 of 2,130
hi

i got now nice Fiio M9 with Qobuz hope wil work beter on this then on my S7 :p but when i downlond songs to offline map i onlye can do CD 16bit/44khz not high res but when i just play song from Wifi it in 24bit/96khz

hope i ask this in right topic

Sep 20, 2019 at 10:27 AM Post #894 of 2,130
hi

i got now nice Fiio M9 with Qobuz hope wil work beter on this then on my S7 :p but when i downlond songs to offline map i onlye can do CD 16bit/44khz not high res but when i just play song from Wifi it in 24bit/96khz

hope i ask this in right topic

In Settings (My Qobuz > gear icon) you'll find separate settings for mobile and Wi-Fi under "Streaming" and "Imports / Downloads".

Sep 20, 2019 at 10:58 AM Post #895 of 2,130
In Settings (My Qobuz > gear icon) you'll find separate settings for mobile and Wi-Fi under "Streaming" and "Imports / Downloads".

done that and set on 24bit/192khz. but on M9 it wil not go higher then CD or MP3 on my samsung S7 it wil go up to 24bit/192khz.i even logout and back in and set all on max stil can onlye set music in offline to CD 16bit / 44khz

i try find if some els got this via googel but cant find it

Sep 20, 2019 at 11:12 AM Post #896 of 2,130
done that and set on 24bit/192khz. but on M9 it wil not go higher then CD or MP3 on my samsung S7 it wil go up to 24bit/192khz.i even logout and back in and set all on max stil can onlye set music in offline to CD 16bit / 44khz

i try find if some els got this via googel but cant find it

Sounds like a problem unique to the M9 then. @Richter Di and @Pro-Jules have posted about that device here; perhaps they can help. I recall a previous post recommending downgrading to an older version of the Qobuz app on the M9.

Sep 20, 2019 at 2:54 PM Post #898 of 2,130
Sounds like a problem unique to the M9 then. @Richter Di and @Pro-Jules have posted about that device here; perhaps they can help. I recall a previous post recommending downgrading to an older version of the Qobuz app on the M9.

I had a chat with Fiio about that and I know that they can’t do 24 bit digitally because of the lack of computing power on the M9. Have now the M11 also, which is a lot faster. Not sure if it works on the M11. Will try soon.

Sep 20, 2019 at 3:04 PM Post #899 of 2,130
I had a chat with Fiio about that and I know that they can’t do 24 bit digitally because of the lack of computing power on the M9. Have now the M11 also, which is a lot faster. Not sure if it works on the M11. Will try soon.

Oke so onlye high res when you at home with wifi but when am on move it just normal cd

Realy wish i know that. Think i wil get other one like Pioneer XDP-02U who 100 euro less now or go for more M11 but test time i wil test it in store

If you have test your M11 can you let me know ? Ty

Last edited:
Sep 24, 2019 at 6:17 AM Post #900 of 2,130
Hi all.
Pls advice.

I add my visa card number to qobuz account for trial 1 month.
As a Tidal user, I am not sure if I will jump to qobuz after 1 month.
Problem is, after 2 days, I can just login but can NOT access to monthly plan, which I set to Studios. So, I can not use streaming service any more.
Acc location: Vietnam (not support)
Current location: Japan (not support).
Bank card local: Vietnam.

I wonder if next month, my bank card have a transition $25 while I dont use the streaming service.
Can not change or cancel monthly plan.

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back