Qobuz Lossless Streaming Service Thread
Feb 12, 2019 at 9:56 PM Post #451 of 2,130
Paying for a Hi-Fi subcription of eur 20 a month and not having anything higher than 320 kbit on mobile devices is pathetic. Shame on you Deezer.

No doubt. IMHO it sounds the best using my Sonos system...however, I have an LG phone that is perfectly capable of the same stream as my home connection and couldn't believe they only offered 320k. I dumped them for Tidal and now (finally!) Qobuz is in the US and i have an account. I have a feeling Deezer's tactics will change rather soon...or they will be in trouble.

Feb 12, 2019 at 10:12 PM Post #452 of 2,130
Qobuz is run like an absolute crap show. I tried to sign up with them and they're STILL in beta! They've been in beta for months! They were supposed to launch in the USA years ago the .they went bankrupt. They are incredibly mismanaged and inept. There's no justifiable excuse for this service not to be officially launched by now. They lied to the public last fall bby saying it was ready for launch and here it's February and I stust can't use the service. This service has been around a decade. All this is is a lifting of geolocation restrictions on who can use the service. There is no excuse for this bull! I recommended Qobuz to a few of my friends and they too couldn't get in and got frustrated. I'm going to be like Liam Neilson and go look for some random Frenchie to beat up

Feb 12, 2019 at 10:19 PM Post #453 of 2,130
Well I just got my new Qobuz account today 24 bit 96 khz the sound quality is so much better then Spotify I never heard HiRez before for me it's well worth the price. Hopefully I can import my Spotify playlist to Qobuz anyone know how. Thanks

Welcome to the club! For importing playlists, try Soundiiz: https://soundiiz.com/

Feb 12, 2019 at 10:22 PM Post #454 of 2,130
The quality of Qobuz is unmatched in anything I've listened to streaming service wise, I started my new account today and am very happy so far, it's desktop app is not as user friendly as Spotify, but the sound differences are amazing, everything i'm listening to is in 24 bit 96 khz wow you really need to hear this. It's higher priced but well worth it to me..

Feb 12, 2019 at 10:36 PM Post #455 of 2,130
Qobuz is run like an absolute **** show. I tried to sign up with them and they're STILL in beta! They've been in beta for months! They were supposed to launch in the USA years ago the .they went bankrupt. They are incredibly mismanaged and inept. There's no justifiable excuse for this service not to be officially launched by now. They lied to the public last fall bby saying it was ready for launch and here it's February and I stust can't use the service. This service has been around a decade. All this is is a lifting of geolocation restrictions on who can use the service. There is no excuse for this bull****! I recommended Qobuz to a few of my friends and they too couldn't get in and got frustrated. I'm going to be like Liam Neilson and go look for some random Frenchie to beat up

Qobuz is under new ownership and management, and the US service is launching in two days.

Feb 12, 2019 at 11:14 PM Post #456 of 2,130
I posted a couple of weeks ago that I discovered that the Qobuz US beta has the Chesky Records catalog, which I didn't see in my Qobuz UK preview trial last year. I've been playing some Chesky albums but today they are no longer available on Qobuz US beta.

I've also noticed many albums marked as Hi-Res (up to 24/192) but don't actually stream higher than 16/44.1 resolution. I don't remember exactly, but I think this was also the case during my UK preview trial. For example, the entire 2L catalog, such as: https://open.qobuz.com/album/7041888512820

Also curious why they consider 24/44 files Hi-Res? You would think 24/96 would be the minimum requirement for the Hi-Res label.

Feb 13, 2019 at 12:41 AM Post #458 of 2,130
Also curious why they consider 24/44 files Hi-Res? You would think 24/96 would be the minimum requirement for the Hi-Res label.

The official industry definition of Hi-Res is anything above 16/44.1. Could be expectation bias, but I think 24/44.1 sounds better.

Feb 13, 2019 at 1:53 PM Post #460 of 2,130
Hi Daffie,
We still have many albums to ingest and a few more labels too, so I’m not terribly surprised.
I’ll be happy to pass on the missing albums. For future reference, you can always use https://www.qobuz.com/us-en/help/contact

Believe it or not, humans get this and actually check.

All the best.

Dear mr Solomon
The reason you say the bold and underlined part is because you think I'm on the US beta program?
Because I'm Europe based, so I doubt you still have many albums to ingest in Europe?
Just so we are on the same page here...

Feb 13, 2019 at 2:11 PM Post #461 of 2,130
Dear mr Solomon
The reason you say the bold and underlined part is because you think I'm on the US beta program?
Because I'm Europe based, so I doubt you still have many albums to ingest in Europe?
Just so we are on the same page here...
Certainly more in the US, but, yes, France is ingesting many tracks each day there too. Thanks for the clarification.

Feb 13, 2019 at 3:40 PM Post #462 of 2,130
Hey all !

Loving Qobuz so far! It's got so much of my favorite artists in hi-res.

I did have a question re; streaming via an iPhone, as I'm about to drop Tidal.

I'm streaming at 24-bit/44khz at the moment, and it dawned on me that might be getting downsampled. I'm running an iPhone XS Max, with Beats X via bluetooth. bahhhhhhh. That means I'm limited to 16/44, right? How can I alleviate this? An external DAC I'm guessing?

Alternatively, I also stream via Chromecast to an Nvidia Shield, which is capable of 24/192, that then amplifies through my Denon X3400H. I'm guessing this is my only method of 24-bit listening at the moment.

Any suggestions?

Last edited:
Feb 13, 2019 at 5:07 PM Post #464 of 2,130
I'm streaming at 24-bit/44khz at the moment, and it dawned on me that might be getting downsampled. I'm running an iPhone XS Max, with Beats X via bluetooth. bahhhhhhh. That means I'm limited to 16/44, right?
Way less than 16/44. On Bluetooth, iPhone will be streaming with AAC codec at 256 kbps. Use an external DAC for higher resolution.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back