Qobuz Lossless Streaming Service Thread
Nov 25, 2018 at 2:25 PM Post #226 of 2,130
True I used offline listening on my phone but couldn't download for offline listening using the Tidal desktop application on my iMac or windows laptop. Actually one of the reasons I switched to Qobuz was exactly this option.

Another reason I'm a big Qobuz fan too! But in fairness to Tidal, the reason this is only offered in the mobile apps is related to the question about bit rates above: for most people, this is only important when using mobile data.

Nov 26, 2018 at 8:26 PM Post #227 of 2,130
:triportsad: ”Qobuz has confirmed that the U.S. launch is being delayed to 2019. The company plans to make an announcement at CES about availability for the service, which is currently being beta-tested in the U.S.” -Al Griffin, Sound & Vision editor, in a comment to this nice article on Qobuz: https://www.soundandvision.com/content/hands-qobuz-hi-res-music-streaming

Dec 1, 2018 at 12:41 PM Post #229 of 2,130
Nice to see a Qobuz ad on my AXPONA ticket! Further evidence of 2019 launch plans.

qobuz-ad.jpg

Dec 3, 2018 at 7:40 PM Post #230 of 2,130
B6EBC481-9575-4620-AE85-C2309DA0A1A6.jpeg
Running Qobuz on a Fiio M9

Loving it.

I got sick of Apple phones lack of hi res capabilities.

I am American but based in London. I have had a sublime + account for a while now.

With LDAC to Sony WH 1000x M3 it sounds amazing.

Dec 4, 2018 at 6:02 PM Post #231 of 2,130
Running Qobuz on a Fiio M9

Loving it.

I got sick of Apple phones lack of hi res capabilities.

I am American but based in London. I have had a sublime + account for a while now.

With LDAC to Sony WH 1000x M3 it sounds amazing.

Funny, just bought the Fiio M9 this weekend myself. Also love the Qobuz ability and it is much more responsive compared to my Sony NW-ZX2 player.
Do you use the official Qobuz version from the Fiio website or did you try to install a newer version directly from Qobuz?

BTW how do you handle the M9 problem of being able to handle Wifi and LDAC at the same time?

Last edited:
Dec 4, 2018 at 6:07 PM Post #232 of 2,130
For Qobuz I got it from the Fiio website

Is there a better version?

Dec 4, 2018 at 6:10 PM Post #233 of 2,130
For Qobuz I got it from the Fiio website

Is there a better version?

I installed on the Sony NW-ZX2 via the google play store the latest version of Qobuz and it works quicker and better on the old android and low processor power compared to all the versions before.

Could you give a statement regardingt the Wifi LDAC propblem with the M9?

Dec 4, 2018 at 6:58 PM Post #235 of 2,130
Last edited:
Dec 5, 2018 at 7:36 AM Post #236 of 2,130
Thanks for the link. I can’t wait to try this out. A few questions. How much material is available in studio Hi Res vs HiFi? On the subscription side I notice a Hi Res option and sublime plus. It looks like the only difference is for Sublime+ you get to buy HiRes songs on a reduced rate. But If you plan to keep the subscription indefinitely why would you buy any tracks when you can stream them for free? Thanks

Dec 5, 2018 at 8:12 AM Post #238 of 2,130
I installed on the Sony NW-ZX2 via the google play store the latest version of Qobuz and it works quicker and better on the old android and low processor power compared to all the versions before.

Could you give a statement regardingt the Wifi LDAC propblem with the M9?

Interesting! I am not sure I am brave enough to try that.

WiFi and LDAC don't play ball together

Dec 5, 2018 at 10:55 AM Post #239 of 2,130
Regarding paid downloads, We have a number of users in Europe who download on a regular basis.
Some like to own their files, however, many others like to support their favorite artists in a larger way than streaming. The artists make more on selling a download than streaming, which I think is a great way to help. It’s like buying an album or tee shirt at the concert.
Best!

Dec 5, 2018 at 12:13 PM Post #240 of 2,130
Thanks for the link. I can’t wait to try this out. A few questions. How much material is available in studio Hi Res vs HiFi? On the subscription side I notice a Hi Res option and sublime plus. It looks like the only difference is for Sublime+ you get to buy HiRes songs on a reduced rate. But If you plan to keep the subscription indefinitely why would you buy any tracks when you can stream them for free? Thanks

Another reason to download is that just because a track is available now doesn't mean it will always be available.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back