Qobuz latest Beta Desktop App
May 2, 2017 at 3:17 PM Post #2 of 23
What country are you in?

Is the app available to test out in the U.S.? I've written to them asking when they will FINALLY be available in the U.S. for downloading Hi-Res content, and they said "very soon". Hurry up! lol Sometimes they have Hi-Res albums that other U.S. sellers don't.

May 2, 2017 at 4:13 PM Post #5 of 23
Republic Of Ireland. Apologies, should have been clearer. You gave me a good laugh though.
Can't fathom why you you can't avail of it. Best ask Qubuz?
The desktop app is pretty neat ak Apple in its ui but a lot less bloated and simpler in a good way.

May 2, 2017 at 4:27 PM Post #6 of 23
Republic Of Ireland. Apologies, should have been clearer. You gave me a good laugh though.
Can't fathom why you you can't avail of it. Best ask Qubuz?
The desktop app is pretty neat ak Apple in its ui but a lot less bloated and simpler in a good way.

Oh Ireland, ok! Very cool!! :sunglasses:

Haha glad to hear that! Here if you say ROI NO ONE'S gonna think Ireland unless they're Irish. lol

I did, just a few weeks ago actually (for the second time). They said:

Hello,

We are not opened yet in United States but we hope to extended our services there very soon as well.

Thanks a lot for your interest! By registering to our NewsLetter, you will be informed of the opening for new countries.

Best wishes,

It's like hurry the F up already!

That's cool. Well I'm guessing that since Qobuz is not available here in the U.S. I prob can't use the beta desktop app either. Oh well. Guess I gotta stick with 7digital, Acoustic Sounds, and HDTracks. lol

Thanks anyway! I'll be thinkin' of you the next time I'm chowin' down on some corned beef & cabbage on St. Patty's Day (mid-March), which I do every year with friends. Of course, I know that sounds silly cuz I'm well aware that Irish people don't even eat corned beef really at all, but that's wacky America for ya! lol Plus it tastes good, so I won't be stoppin' anytime soon. I even go to an Irish Pub on that day (and others lol) that claims it was made up mostly of wood etc that actually came from Ireland (see quote below)............Peggy Kinnane's! Great place, great food, etc. Sometimes they have bands play there too, Irish and etc. Prob the closest I'll ever get to Ireland, though I ALMOST went with friends back in '04. lol

What makes Peggy’s so unique is the fact that virtually every piece of the structure came directly from Ireland. The interior consists mainly of original Irish stone from County Clare. All of the woodwork, including the bars themselves, were constructed and shipped directly from Ireland.

Last edited:
May 2, 2017 at 4:53 PM Post #7 of 23
Oh Ireland, ok! Very cool!! :sunglasses:

Haha glad to hear that! Here if you say ROI NO ONE'S gonna think Ireland unless they're Irish. lol

I did, just a few weeks ago actually (for the second time). They said:

Hello,

We are not opened yet in United States but we hope to extended our services there very soon as well.

Thanks a lot for your interest! By registering to our NewsLetter, you will be informed of the opening for new countries.

Best wishes,

It's like hurry the F up already!

That's cool. Well I'm guessing that since Qobuz is not available here in the U.S. I prob can't use the beta desktop app either. Oh well. Guess I gotta stick with 7digital, Acoustic Sounds, and HDTracks. lol

Thanks anyway! I'll be thinkin' of you the next time I'm chowin' down on some corned beef & cabbage on St. Patty's Day (mid-March), which I do every year with friends. Of course, I know that sounds silly cuz I'm well aware that Irish people don't even eat corned beef really at all, but that's wacky America for ya! lol Plus it tastes good, so I won't be stoppin' anytime soon. I even go to an Irish Pub on that day (and others lol) that claims it was made up mostly of wood etc that actually came from Ireland (see quote below)............Peggy Kinnane's! Great place, great food, etc. Sometimes they have bands play there too, Irish and etc. Prob the closest I'll ever get to Ireland, though I ALMOST went with friends back in '04. lol

What makes Peggy’s so unique is the fact that virtually every piece of the structure came directly from Ireland. The interior consists mainly of original Irish stone from County Clare. All of the woodwork, including the bars themselves, were constructed and shipped directly from Ireland.

May 3, 2017 at 11:26 AM Post #9 of 23

Yeah lol. I guess from what I'd read, the Irish immigrants who came here found that corned beef was a lot cheaper than it was in Ireland, so they decided because it was such a luxury most never got to eat back there to make it part of the St. Patrick's Day traditional dinner here, and it caught on. This explains it in more detail. I guess when compared to bacon, I'd prob rather have corned beef too just b/c I think it GOES better with cabbage than bacon or "ham" would. lol

Jan 10, 2019 at 1:42 PM Post #10 of 23
Darko reports that Qobuz has opened the waiting list for the US beta test again. I was able to get in on the beta test back in November and have a subscription now to both Tidal and Qobuz. I have gone through many updates to the Qobuz desktop app for Windows 10 and have a persistent problem with intermittent distortion that requires me to restart the app. This is on a new Win 10 Pro laptop fully up to date. I can confirm the problem lies with the Qobuz desktop app as Qobuz streams fine using Audirvana+. No problems at all. One advantage with Qobuz is avoiding the audible watermarks one can often hear on non MQA UMG content streamed using Tidal. I have the Tidal app set to do the first unfold for MQA masters so can compare 24/96 files on both services and Qobuz usually has a slight edge over Tidal for sound quality using Audirvana+. I am also finding many 24/192 files on Qobuz that sound outstanding.

Jan 10, 2019 at 6:25 PM Post #11 of 23
Darko reports that Qobuz has opened the waiting list for the US beta test again. I was able to get in on the beta test back in November and have a subscription now to both Tidal and Qobuz. I have gone through many updates to the Qobuz desktop app for Windows 10 and have a persistent problem with intermittent distortion that requires me to restart the app. This is on a new Win 10 Pro laptop fully up to date. I can confirm the problem lies with the Qobuz desktop app as Qobuz streams fine using Audirvana+. No problems at all. One advantage with Qobuz is avoiding the audible watermarks one can often hear on non MQA UMG content streamed using Tidal. I have the Tidal app set to do the first unfold for MQA masters so can compare 24/96 files on both services and Qobuz usually has a slight edge over Tidal for sound quality using Audirvana+. I am also finding many 24/192 files on Qobuz that sound outstanding.

Is it download too or streaming only? I only care about them if downloading is also available.

Jan 10, 2019 at 10:01 PM Post #12 of 23
Is it download too or streaming only? I only care about them if downloading is also available.

Yes streaming subscriptions allow you to import music (tracks, albums and playlists) to listen to it offline. This offline music is called “local music” by Qobuz.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back