QLS QA361 impression thread
Mar 17, 2018 at 2:54 AM Post #17 of 324
There are a lot of new exciting announcement regarding daps. Slightly off topic but Shanling is releasing something new in three days, so is Luxury precision, targeting R2R2000. Not all will be affordable nevertheless still exciting to read about.
adding to that Lotoo will be announcing their new flagship at month end too
The expect price is well over R2R2000, around 4-5k USD.
I guess it should be in RMB instead of USD

Mar 17, 2018 at 2:56 AM Post #18 of 324
wow for the LP? 0.0 gah I know I shouldn't, but tell me they aren't going to knock it out of the park. Based on the 199, this limited edition is their coup de grace and they aren't pulling any punches based on what little I read on erji.

Call me crazy to and I don ot mean to continue of topic but they really nailed the mesh of metal and wood, TI for me please.

Mar 17, 2018 at 3:00 AM Post #20 of 324
wow for the LP? 0.0 gah I know I shouldn't, but tell me they aren't going to knock it out of the park. Based on the 199, this limited edition is their coup de grace and they aren't pulling any punches based on what little I read on erji.

Call me crazy to and I don ot mean to continue of topic but they really nailed the mesh of metal and wood, TI for me please.
The RMB4000-5000 i was referring to QA361. Sorry for the misunderstanding. LP6 should cost quite a bomb and there's two version (gold and silver) for that too.

Mar 17, 2018 at 4:19 AM Post #21 of 324
Based on the past experience QA361 going to offer the best sonic performance/dollar ratio out there. They have along update life and will remain in their group for a long time. R2R2000 and LP the way I see it is just a pissing contest. They both have high price tag with questionable design philosophy. R2R2000 with its super primitive UI which makes browsing hell and LP6 with its huge bulky design and that fragile 2.5mm jack that combined with that heavy body is doom for an incoming disastrous.

The verdict for Lotoo is hard to be made as they havent leaked anything about the price. But for my money I rather pay for something more practical, and I got my eyes in LPG new flagship and QA361.

Last edited:
Mar 17, 2018 at 7:11 AM Post #22 of 324
Based on the past experience QA361 going to offer the best sonic performance/dollar ratio out there. They have along update life and will remain in their group for a long time. R2R2000 and LP the way I see it is just a pissing contest. They both have high price tag with questionable design philosophy. R2R2000 with its super primitive UI which makes browsing hell and R2R2000 with its huge bulky design and that fragile 2.5mm jack that combined with that heavy body is doom for an incoming disastrous.

The verdict for Lotoo is hard to be made as they havent leaked anything about the price. But for my money I rather pay for something more practical, and I got my eyes in LPG new flagship and QA361.

Btw I see your point about the two, however, what I like about the L&P over both the Hifiman and Lotoo is their own OS, which has gotten better with time and is NOT android. That and based off reviews of the 199 it does seem its something to keep an eye on to be sure, not to take anything away from Lotoo. In regards to the QLS Q361 I did go over the first 7-8 pages on erji and one thing I must say I like is how transparent and informative he is in his postings. His ideas and reasons for pursuits are informative and offer a close insight into the goings on with dap making. I'm very curious to see how this dap performs especially with the given DAC chip and issues/concerns regarding power. I don't doubt it wont be a solid entry.

Mar 17, 2018 at 1:33 PM Post #24 of 324
Not the L & P R2R player mims, your right about their general release, this seems to be a special edition like the 199 they did a few years back. Couple the fact their OS has gotten better and they've improved/eliminated noise on just their general release. It certainly raises from flags of interest in terms of how well they'll do. I agree with your assessment of Hifiman, at this time they still have not produced official/accurate specs nor has their OS come far enough now when you factor in what L&P have been able to come up with.

I don't doubt the new LPG will be good, but along the way I read the new player has a Android OS, as far as I am concerned thats it for me. Hopefully I am wrong and they really do have their own OS.

Mar 17, 2018 at 4:46 PM Post #25 of 324
Not the L & P R2R player mims, your right about their general release, this seems to be a special edition like the 199 they did a few years back. Couple the fact their OS has gotten better and they've improved/eliminated noise on just their general release. It certainly raises from flags of interest in terms of how well they'll do. I agree with your assessment of Hifiman, at this time they still have not produced official/accurate specs nor has their OS come far enough now when you factor in what L&P have been able to come up with.

I don't doubt the new LPG will be good, but along the way I read the new player has a Android OS, as far as I am concerned thats it for me. Hopefully I am wrong and they really do have their own OS.
You're right I confused with the L6. Their taobao page does say there will be an Lp6. I am confused with the benefit of R2R architecture.

Mar 17, 2018 at 5:36 PM Post #26 of 324
You're right I confused with the L6. Their taobao page does say there will be an Lp6. I am confused with the benefit of R2R architecture.
Benefit is to stick it to HIFIMAN.

I saw a post by Lotoo weibo and they were congratulating shaling for 30 years of operation. I wonder if Lotoo got their assistance for their current upcoming dap?

Mar 18, 2018 at 12:10 AM Post #27 of 324
Add oriolus to the mix of upcoming chinese dap battle. Sneak pictures of DP150 from FitEar Suyama san at the shanghai headphone show

DYiqhiPUQAM2kbx

DYiqhihVMAAHROK

DYiqhiTVQAEXZv3

DYiqhiQU8AAfOrH

expected price 7000rmb and release end of 2018

Mar 18, 2018 at 2:21 AM Post #28 of 324
DP150 is one of the most confusing DAP out there, I dont think they know what they want out of it, neither do I. It surely set to do so many different thing, I just hope instead of confusing everyone they just get the most important part right, making it sound good.
Oriolus, the way I have found it is that they are too ambitious and they tend to get lost in their curiosity and either take too long to release a product or as a fear of needing to sale something they rush in releasing something brand new totally unrelated to what they have been working on.

If they had more resource, Oriolus has a lot of ideas and the people working for them are truly capable. They need a good COO to keep them in line.

Mar 18, 2018 at 7:19 AM Post #29 of 324
DP150 is one of the most confusing DAP out there, I dont think they know what they want out of it, neither do I. It surely set to do so many different thing, I just hope instead of confusing everyone they just get the most important part right, making it sound good.
Oriolus, the way I have found it is that they are too ambitious and they tend to get lost in their curiosity and either take too long to release a product or as a fear of needing to sale something they rush in releasing something brand new totally unrelated to what they have been working on.

If they had more resource, Oriolus has a lot of ideas and the people working for them are truly capable. They need a good COO to keep them in line.
What is confusing about it? I read zero info.

Mar 18, 2018 at 7:32 AM Post #30 of 324
What is confusing about it? I read zero info.
It wants to be many things all at once however given your willing to buy and carry the attachment with you.
For example I know of a R2R Dac attachment, pure tube attachment single ended, hybrid balanced, sold state dual 3.5 mm and also various Burr Brown Dac design.
They have also begun testing copper body casing while in the middle of trying to figure which of the board attachment is worth keeping.

This is one of the case where more option isn't necessary a good things.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back