QED Performance, Atlas Element - are 4K HDMI Cables worth it?
Mar 28, 2021 at 1:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3
As a fan of The Lord of the Rings and Blade Runner, I was happy to get my hands on the 4K versions of these movies, and with what little time I have - I watch these movies as often as possible.

The jump from Blu-ray to 4K for me, has the effect of "removing a veil", the quality of 4K video seems to remove the electronics, the TV, the speakers etc. and lets you immerse yourself in the movie and forget that you are actually watching it on a screen, and listening through speakers. This effect is much more than the transition from DVD to Blu-ray had on me.

However I had my old Monster HDMI cables and thought nothing of it, until I started to sell cables that is.

Now I have tested the QED Performance HDMI Cables (as well as the more expensive Atlas Element HDMI Cables) and I have to say that once you jump to a 4K enabled cable it definitely adds something - well removes something... it removes even more of the feeling that you are watching a TV screen and listening through speakers. It leaves you breathless.

So if you still have your generic HDMI cable that you have forgotten about you might consider a really easy upgrade, you can literally pop out and pop in HDMI cables very easily. And compared to most upgrades, these HDMI cables are not ridiculous.

Of all the HDMI cables that I have tested, my favorites are the Atlas Element 18G 4K, but of course you pay a pretty price for this quality, and now I have the QED Performance Premium plugged in, and I know for certain that I will have to sell my old Monster Cables on eBay. I also like the Supra Cables by Jenving - although they are difficult to get, we hope to start selling Supra Cables later this year.

As you might know we have a special offer with code: hf-atlas-15intro (valid through the end of April 2021)
You can use this code if you want to purchase a new HDMI Cable - either the QED or Atlas.
We have various lengths from 1.5M up to 4M (depending upon the brand), and yes - any length up to about 10M seems fine, I do think that if you need anything longer than 10M - you might consider re-arranging your room!

For those interested, there is an in-depth review of the QED Cable, that What Hi-Fi did a while back (see the attached file).

QED Performance HDMI:

small - QED Performance Premium HDMI QED-HDM-101 1.jpg

Atlas Element HDMI:

element-18g-hdmi__atlas-cables_2048x2048.jpg

Attachments

• All About QED Performance HDMI Cables.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back