QDC - Discussion and Impressions Thread
Nov 24, 2020 at 8:58 AM Post #1,936 of 2,715
Если вам нравится звук «ба», то вам подойдет vx. лучшее разрешение и изображение. Dmagic предназначен для людей, которым нравится DD-звук, не такой подробный, но более "последовательный" (надеюсь, что я использую правильное слово), который легче слушать. Думаю, дело касается вашей музыкальной библиотеки. Dmagic очень хорош для джаза, соула, попа.
but it's better to own two headphones from the best manufacturer IEM :):beerchug:

Nov 24, 2020 at 12:29 PM Post #1,938 of 2,715
I am taking advantage of MusicTeck’s sale pricing on the Anole VX ($1,799) and just ordered it. Excited to compare it to the rest of my IEMs!

Nov 25, 2020 at 1:09 AM Post #1,939 of 2,715
The sale price on the VX is $1,799 at MusicTeck. The DMagic is on sale for about $700 less. Both would be a blind purchase, so I’m not completely sure which way to go, but I’m leaning towards the VX.
I own and prefer the VX, but mine is a custom. I felt it gave me a bit more bass impact over the universal. But good tips would nullify any advantage.

Last edited:
Nov 25, 2020 at 2:37 AM Post #1,940 of 2,715
Just one man opinion, VX still remains BA hifi in my book. Extra resolving BA set.

Nov 27, 2020 at 7:59 PM Post #1,942 of 2,715
5SHs are still amazing, the bass rumbles when competing with Heir 10.0, and offer a splash of top clarity, almost like coming out of water. Have never heard such bass response from a BA, bass sounds closest maybe like the andro or Sony M9, but has a reminiscent of Atlas, but being drier

Last edited:
Nov 28, 2020 at 6:45 AM Post #1,943 of 2,715
5SLs are still amazing, the bass rumbles when competing with Heir 10.0, and offer a splash of top clarity, almost like coming out of water. Have never heard such bass response from a BA, bass sounds closest maybe like the andro or Sony M9, but has a reminiscent of Atlas, but being drier
Could you pause and tell me a little more about the whole low range? Thanks.

Nov 29, 2020 at 6:05 AM Post #1,944 of 2,715
Nov 29, 2020 at 6:42 AM Post #1,946 of 2,715
8SL is fine .... but what about the SS8? I mean a comparison of the QDC 8 series. im this case knowing the differences between the 8SL and the 8SS.
I tried the 4 you mentioned. I also once owned 8cl, but I would advise against 8 series customs as the treble can get reduced by alot, and treble is their strong point.

8SL is a little bit v shaped, recessed mid range, slightly boosted bass and forward treble but still retaining some warmth. It has the best soundstage and imaging of the 3 8 series.
8SH is like 8SL with less bass, more upper mids. It is thinner sounding and vocals are more forward and can be shrill compared to 8SL.
8SS has the most forward mids, because of more recessed treble and small amount of bass. It's nice for vocals if you like emotional chesty vocals, but for people who like a more natural pinna gain in the mids (like the triangle from 1k to 2.5k/3k peak like in Moondrop blessing 2), this is not recommended. Small soundstage and the most sterile of the 3.

DMagic has thinnish vocals and sounds quite laidback from memory. I'm not too sure which genres would be best for this, but I prefer any of the 8 series over Dmagic.

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2020 at 7:02 AM Post #1,947 of 2,715
I tried the 4 you mentioned. I also once owned 8cl, but I would advise against 8 series customs as the treble can get reduced by alot, and treble is their strong point.

8SL is a little bit v shaped, recessed mid range, slightly boosted bass and forward treble but still retaining some warmth. It has the best soundstage and imaging of the 3 8 series.
8SH is like 8SL with less bass, more upper mids. It is thinner sounding and vocals are more forward and can be shrill compared to 8SL.
8SS has the most forward mids, because of more recessed treble and small amount of bass. It's nice for vocals if you like emotional chesty vocals, but for people who like a more natural pinna gain in the mids (like the triangle from 1k to 2.5k/3k peak like in Moondrop blessing 2), this is not recommended. Small soundstage and the most sterile of the 3.

DMagic has thinnish vocals and sounds quite laidback from memory. I'm not too sure which genres would be best for this, but I prefer any of the 8 series over Dmagic.
I come from Dunu SA6 experience a studio iem that I liked very much. A "light" but very very controlled low range and a slightly forward mid and low mid range, bright, fast and clear. All with superb detail and separation between the instruments. Wide stage both in depth and in width. High range present but never ringing or cutting. I had thought that the 8SS could be a leap forward in quality compared to the Dunu SA6. Do you think 8SS could be a choice that goes in that direction or for your experience can you point me to the other QDCs?

Nov 29, 2020 at 7:13 AM Post #1,948 of 2,715
I come from Dunu SA6 experience a studio iem that I liked very much. A "light" but very very controlled low range and a slightly forward mid and low mid range, bright, fast and clear. All with superb detail and separation between the instruments. Wide stage both in depth and in width. High range present but never ringing or cutting. I had thought that the 8SS could be a leap forward in quality compared to the Dunu SA6. Do you think 8SS could be a choice that goes in that direction or for your experience can you point me to the other QDCs?
I wouldnt recommend 8SS when you said wide and deep stage. not 8SL for recessed midrange. 8SH seems the closest to your description, but I dont know what you mean by "light", and I haven't heard the Dunu before. I've heard other qdcs like 3SH & 4SS (small stage, not bright), 5SH (recessed midrange), VX and Gemini (recessed midrange, and treble certaintly is peaky). I'm not sure if you would find your target iem in QDC other than 8SH or maybe VX with mid switch on (tho I have seen VX owners try and avoid this). Do try to demo especially at this price.

btw iems with deep soundstage usually come with recessed midrange. It's hard to get everything in one package.

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2020 at 8:08 AM Post #1,949 of 2,715
I wouldnt recommend 8SS when you said wide and deep stage. not 8SL for recessed midrange. 8SH seems the closest to your description, but I dont know what you mean by "light", and I haven't heard the Dunu before. I've heard other qdcs like 3SH & 4SS (small stage, not bright), 5SH (recessed midrange), VX and Gemini (recessed midrange, and treble certaintly is peaky). I'm not sure if you would find your target iem in QDC other than 8SH or maybe VX with mid switch on (tho I have seen VX owners try and avoid this). Do try to demo especially at this price.

btw iems with deep soundstage usually come with recessed midrange. It's hard to get everything in one package.
thanks for the reply .... by CLEAR I mean by not much body / heat. If you think that in QDC I would not be able to find what I have described except in the QDC SH can you advise me where else to look?

Nov 29, 2020 at 8:27 AM Post #1,950 of 2,715
thanks for the reply .... by CLEAR I mean by not much body / heat. If you think that in QDC I would not be able to find what I have described except in the QDC SH can you advise me where else to look?

I have only spent moments listening to the Anole VX, but own the Studio SA6 and Anole V3.

In my opinion the VX would be a natural progression up, mind you it’s 4X the SA6 price. But it would offer a bigger soundstage with better........more isolated imaging. In a way this comparison is easy in that the VX offers elements simply clearer and less congested than the SA6. There is room in the soundstage for sounds to be delineated and sculpted. IMO

Also a smoother better defined low end and unique treble. To me the VX is more of a warmer subtle V than the Studio SA6. But I really didn’t spend enough time with the VX to truly explain the differences in the mids? They were never side by side, but from memory the Studio SA6 is slightly more mid-forward and somewhat brighter?

It could be that you want more mids than the Anole VX, but I loved the VX.......to me it was close to perfect and had the same yet improved bass quality of what I’m used to in the Anole V3 lows. Still in my mind I slot the VX and Studio SA6 together. They are both warmish full BA IEMs with a careful and thoughtful tune. Of course the VX takes technical abilities to a far greater level than what is possible with the SA6. Both are organic ideas of a classic sound with the Anole VX doing what spending 4X the money does. IMO

Edit:
There is also a unique polite treble experience with the VX, that I can’t forget. It’s more spread out than the SA6, more soft and spacious yet there and detailed. So.....it is like still like nothing I have ever heard? Meaning the VX has a somewhat classic sound but still has that unique qdc tell-tale treble and bass tone? :) It’s a fine balance of careful and personality....maybe?

Even with my short listening session, I can almost recommend the VX? Lol

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back