QDC - Discussion and Impressions Thread
Aug 23, 2020 at 5:47 AM Post #1,906 of 2,715
Ok, I live in US. Where are you buying your QDC?

Btw, anyone have a CIEM QDC? Would be good to here thoughts on differences between C and U.

I don’t live in the US, but Music Sanctuary In Singapore is easy to deal with, as you can order from them.
https://music-sanctuary.com/

Aug 23, 2020 at 5:47 AM Post #1,907 of 2,715
Ok, I live in US. Where are you buying your QDC?

Btw, anyone have a CIEM QDC? Would be good to here thoughts on differences between C and U.
I have an 8CL, bought from a store (Music sanctuary) in Singapore. It is warmer sounding, bassier than 8SL, and seems to have less treble too(?) unfortunately. I will have to find a time to A/B them side by side to confirm.

Aug 29, 2020 at 10:42 AM Post #1,910 of 2,715
I have an 8CL, bought from a store (Music sanctuary) in Singapore. It is warmer sounding, bassier than 8SL, and seems to have less treble too(?) unfortunately. I will have to find a time to A/B them side by side to confirm.
Following up to this, I have finally A/Bed 8SL and 8CL with same cable, same source.

Some differences: 8SL has better imaging (8CL is bit blurry), deeper staging (more layered vs more flattened and in your face in 8CL), less warmth, less bassy, more lower treble/upper mids. 8SL has that snappiness in the instruments and extra crispiness in the vocals. I get more easily engaged in 8SL than 8CL.

Basically, 8SL was that god-like iem which I praised in an earlier review in this thread, and 8CL was regretfully not the best choice I made. Perhaps it's due to my ear shape (shallow canal) where QDC couldn't replicate the same sound and had to compromise? Anyway, I'm going to send my 8CL for a reshell back to 8SL. Some lessons were learnt lol...

Last edited:
Sep 4, 2020 at 7:26 AM Post #1,911 of 2,715
Initial impressions and unboxing of the new qdc Dmagic 3D are now posted :relaxed:

https://headfonics.com/qdc-dmagic-3d-first-contact/

1599218758543.png

Sep 6, 2020 at 12:49 PM Post #1,912 of 2,715
Sep 24, 2020 at 7:25 AM Post #1,913 of 2,715
This IEM is definitely on my radar. The other is the UM Mest, but I love the aesthetics on the Dmagic.
The Dmagic 3D has more engaging midrange than the MEST.

Oct 1, 2020 at 7:35 AM Post #1,914 of 2,715
I had a chance to try out the Dmagic today along with the other qdc's (anole vx, Gemini),AAW canary, Fearless Roland (such a dissapointment, s8f is "better" and cheaper imo) and a fellow at the store kindly lend me his 64audio u18t. I would say that the Dmagic was the most pleasant to my ears.

Oct 1, 2020 at 9:36 AM Post #1,915 of 2,715
I had a chance to try out the Dmagic today along with the other qdc's (anole vx, Gemini),AAW canary, Fearless Roland (such a dissapointment, s8f is "better" and cheaper imo) and a fellow at the store kindly lend me his 64audio u18t. I would say that the Dmagic was the most pleasant to my ears.
did you try qdc 8sl/4ss/5sh and 64 Audio U12T and Nio??

Oct 1, 2020 at 10:07 AM Post #1,916 of 2,715
did you try qdc 8sl/4ss/5sh and 64 Audio U12T and Nio??
I did not try those but they were available at the shop (qdc) but there are no 64Audio (Only one shop/distributor in Thailand so no demo unit elsewhere), the only one(u18t) was owned a customer that was kind enough to lend me without asking. It was my first and only experience with the 64audio. It was nice though but considering the price I think the Dmagic was the better bang for the buck.
I own the ak x beyer t8ie, fearless s8p, aaw axh.(I mainly listen to hd800) but the iem that I have tried today was on another level compared to the iem I currently own. If I get the chance to demo some more qdc units next time I will give you n update.

Oct 3, 2020 at 9:07 PM Post #1,917 of 2,715
I did not try those but they were available at the shop (qdc) but there are no 64Audio (Only one shop/distributor in Thailand so no demo unit elsewhere), the only one(u18t) was owned a customer that was kind enough to lend me without asking. It was my first and only experience with the 64audio. It was nice though but considering the price I think the Dmagic was the better bang for the buck.
I own the ak x beyer t8ie, fearless s8p, aaw axh.(I mainly listen to hd800) but the iem that I have tried today was on another level compared to the iem I currently own. If I get the chance to demo some more qdc units next time I will give you n update.
I went to auditioned more iem yesterday (but no qdc). Inear Prophile 8, MMR thummim , sony ier-m9 , z1r . Still the qdc Dmagic was my most preferred iem with z1r in the second place and m9 in third. The MMR thummim was not even worth it, it was so uncomfortable, the body was “piercing” my ears, I’d say it is overpriced. And for the Inear prophile 8, the m9 was much more comfortable and almost half the price. however, the m9 was a bit on the brighter side.
so the prices here in Thailand, the qdc Dmagic is $200 cheaper than the ier-z1r (currently on sale). But I would need an A/B testing to get a fair result as I think I am biased on the Dmagic.

Last edited:
Oct 10, 2020 at 1:02 AM Post #1,919 of 2,715
I am having a problem with my 5sl. I can’t disconnect the cable, I pulled hard and it still doesn’t work. I'm afraid to harm the headphones.
From my experience, you will need to pull, and wiggle it sideways (slightly), to break the friction that is binding the plastic together. Do this carefully, as you do not want too much sideways force on the female connector side on the IEM. My observation is that some cables have different tolerances for the plastic connector inside surface, and having too small of an internal volume. This results in the two plastic surfaces binding together. The pins and female connectors do not bind that tightly, so it is the plastic that is binding. After one of those experiences, I have tried to shave some of the plastic from the inside of the cable side connector. Very difficult to do, though, as there are few tools that will fit inside that small space.

Oct 11, 2020 at 8:36 AM Post #1,920 of 2,715
So like I said before, I started with qdc 8cl, which turned out to be disappointing because it sounded different from the 8sl I demoed (8cl has more bass, less treble & upper mids, poorer imaging, and exposed the BA timbre somewhat)
20200523_004011.jpg

So I reshelled it back to universal (going the opposite way everyone else is going haha) and decided to pay more for some woodgrain (didnt turn out as nice as I expected, but still ok). I'm in love with the qdc house sound, and this will be my endgame iem for quite a while I believe. Isolation isn't as good as custom of course, but I've enough of risking the sound for custom. I've tried quite a few iems including qdc's own VX and Gemini, and the only iem that could beat 8sl would be Hidition Violet which costs twice as much. I'd rather wait for the next meta haha.
20201011_200045.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back