QDC - Discussion and Impressions Thread
Nov 17, 2019 at 1:02 PM Post #1,366 of 2,715
Nov 17, 2019 at 6:41 PM Post #1,367 of 2,715
Last edited:
Nov 18, 2019 at 12:13 PM Post #1,369 of 2,715
Question: if polarity is reversed on both sides, doesn't it sound exactly the same as if wasn't reversed? My understanding is that you run into issues when polarity mismatches, where one side is reversed.

Nov 18, 2019 at 1:17 PM Post #1,370 of 2,715
Question: if polarity is reversed on both sides, doesn't it sound exactly the same as if wasn't reversed? My understanding is that you run into issues when polarity mismatches, where one side is reversed.
From what I've heard, it WOULD be exactly the same if it wasn't for the crossover. Same applies if there is something in an iem that deals with phasing (my wording could be completely wrong).

IMO this may be more noticable in large transducer systems, but for an all BA setup in this size, the difference may be only something that can be caught on measuring instruments

Nov 18, 2019 at 10:07 PM Post #1,372 of 2,715
Is the 8SL supposed to sound warmer than the Andromeda at low output impedances? I’m hearing more upper bass than I expected from FR chart comparisons, and vocals do start falling behind on some tracks because of it.

Nov 20, 2019 at 7:53 AM Post #1,373 of 2,715
Wow....

Got home yesterday and had a quick listen, sounded pretty good...

Woke up early this morning (0430hrs), family still asleep, decided to continue ripping my CD collection and listen to the VX as i did so.

3hrs later and couldn't put them down. So so happy with them!

I've been using N3 for the past couple of months and VX has a very similar signature, it just does everything way way better.

I could go on and on and talk about everything they do well but for me that would be (nearly) everything.

2 things i didn't like...

1. Not a fan of 1/0/0, bass boost is ok but feel it's too broad and creeps into the lower mid, or just upper bass is a touch too much and puts off the balance. Most likely going to be album / genre driven and i'm not flipping switches every time i change track.
2. One part of the treble range feels a touch too bright, noted on a few vocals / guitar / snare.

I changed from the stock cable to a Linum SuperBax this afternoon. Just about perfect. That edge on treble is gone, slightly more coherent and bass is improved. All of these are very minor but just by removing that treble sharpness alone it's made a big difference for me.

Currently using N6ii with A01, ive been swapping the BaX between SE and balanced and think i prefer SE tbh. I've found medium gain to be the best.

Balanced i'm using the 2.5 to 4.4 plug that came with the N6ii, SE i'm using iBasso CA01. T01 will be arriving soon and eager to hear how it is. Although A01 is really nice and perfect for some albums, i'd like the veil / warmth lifted slightly for personal preference.

The stock tips are spot on for me, i'd bought ML++ but they're a touch too big.

These are pretty much end game for me, all the foundations are there, just need to go through a few tips and see which DAC module for the Cayin suits me the best.

Big thanks to Rockwell, they've gone to a good home. :wink:

sNZOKLwl.jpg

Last edited:
Nov 20, 2019 at 11:11 AM Post #1,374 of 2,715
I changed from the stock cable to a Linum SuperBax this afternoon.

Wondering how you have your SuperBax plugged in. Not sure how much it matters... but QDC's cables have different polarity?

Big thanks to Rockwell, they've gone to a good home.

Am I reading it right... Rockwell sold his N6ii or VX?

Last edited:
Nov 20, 2019 at 11:22 AM Post #1,375 of 2,715
Am I reading it right... Rockwell sold his N6ii or VX?

I had two VX's and sold him one of them. I still have both a VX and an N6ii...great combo!

Nov 20, 2019 at 11:28 AM Post #1,376 of 2,715
I had two VX's and sold him one of them. I still have both a VX and an N6ii...great combo!

I see... I didn't think you would (at least not now or immediate future) given how well a combo they are to you. :beerchug:

Nov 20, 2019 at 1:22 PM Post #1,378 of 2,715
Wondering how you have your SuperBax plugged in. Not sure how much it matters... but QDC's cables have different polarity?
/QUOTE]

Straight in but turned around. Bax doesn't have shaped cable at the ears so no issue spinning the plugs 180. Ground top, vcc btm.

Nov 21, 2019 at 5:21 AM Post #1,380 of 2,715
Hello all,

Need help and recommendations for a new iem purchase (again).
I've recently tried qdc neptunes and liked it a lot for its mids. Do you know similar sounding IEMs with somewhat punchier bass and more extended treble?

Thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back