QDC - Discussion and Impressions Thread
Nov 12, 2019 at 9:09 PM Post #1,351 of 2,715
There's a difference between critique and shaming someone publicly. I applaud overlord's retraction and apology. It was big of him to do that.

I’m talking about IEM criticism and praise.

Nov 12, 2019 at 11:01 PM Post #1,353 of 2,715
74282334_10162710280085654_156484633758793728_o.jpg

New toy came in the mail today. It doesn't have the robust and muscular sound I love in the n6ii but it sounds great and is wonderfully portable.

Nov 13, 2019 at 10:12 AM Post #1,355 of 2,715

New toy came in the mail today. It doesn't have the robust and muscular sound I love in the n6ii but it sounds great and is wonderfully portable.

I have both, and it does better than any dap 1/20th the price of the iems It drives has a right to. That being said, you might want to check out the ap80. I thought the sound an improvement, and the small increase in screen size makes for a huge improvement in ease of use. Not to mention the ability to utilize hiby link to control it from a phone...

Nov 13, 2019 at 10:20 AM Post #1,356 of 2,715
So for neutralish SQ I'm done with VX that is a keeper. Now contemplating diffrent type of IEM, say funky and punchy DD bass with good mid and treble.
LX and Tia Fourte were close but not convincing one way or the other. Solaris was okay but don't like the way it looks and no good fit to me.
Any other suggestions for audition, please? Fusion maybe? :thinking:

sorry for necro posting, but have you ever auditioned the hyla te5b? The bass is incredible. It might be up your alley if you can tolerate the mids

Nov 13, 2019 at 12:24 PM Post #1,357 of 2,715

Any reason to have a m0 instead of, just using your phone on a dongle tho? I recently got a stock VX cable from antman to try out a few budget source for it. I digged out my old LG v20 and been using that (which has the same dac chip as m0) and the apple dongle.

I obviously dont mind carrying a brick everywhere, but i think for $10 apple dongle is prob better than most low-mid tier source.

Nov 13, 2019 at 2:09 PM Post #1,358 of 2,715
Any reason to have a m0 instead of, just using your phone on a dongle tho? I recently got a stock VX cable from antman to try out a few budget source for it. I digged out my old LG v20 and been using that (which has the same dac chip as m0) and the apple dongle.

I obviously dont mind carrying a brick everywhere, but i think for $10 apple dongle is prob better than most low-mid tier source.

I don't have my phone on me when I'm working out because, due to its size and weight, it always falls out of my pocket when I'm doing pushups etc....same with the n6ii. The m0 is perfect in this regard.

Nov 13, 2019 at 3:21 PM Post #1,359 of 2,715

Building on the previous answer, in addition to size I have an ios device which doesn’t play well with flac (requires a 3rd party player), and the lightning to,3.5mm apple,adapter requires anything over 48khz to be downsampled (I believe). Even if there is a workaround for this, I find the dac in the m0 better than the iPhone. (And there is a group on the official m0 thread that will tell you the m0 is superior to the Hugo 2 because measurements, but that nonsense is for another time)

Nov 13, 2019 at 5:14 PM Post #1,360 of 2,715
I don't have my phone on me when I'm working out because, due to its size and weight, it always falls out of my pocket when I'm doing pushups etc....same with the n6ii. The m0 is perfect in this regard.

lol weak, just add the extra weight of the n6ii to your workout...

Nov 13, 2019 at 6:42 PM Post #1,361 of 2,715
lol weak, just add the extra weight of the n6ii to your workout...
uhhh...no

I use mine the way intended...an ap80 Velcro’d on to a Hugo 2 In my pocket. I don’t know why I would want a large and heavy dap when working out when I can have an even larger dac that weighs more.

Nov 13, 2019 at 7:24 PM Post #1,362 of 2,715
sorry for necro posting, but have you ever auditioned the hyla te5b? The bass is incredible. It might be up your alley if you can tolerate the mids
Never heard of Hyla. I will definitely try to audition them next time. Good thing about VX is that while keeping ease on mind
I feel like I can take time questing for the complement . Tks for the advise.

Nov 13, 2019 at 8:21 PM Post #1,363 of 2,715
Never heard of Hyla. I will definitely try to audition them next time. Good thing about VX is that while keeping ease on mind
I feel like I can take time questing for the complement . Tks for the advise.

I love my vx and auditioned the hyla and 4 or 5 other totl iems before settling on the vx. While not perfect, I do not disagree with reviewers who have commented that the hyla may have the (or nearly the) best bass, especially sub bass and slam, that is available in an iem at just about any price.

Nov 17, 2019 at 11:04 AM Post #1,365 of 2,715

Users who are viewing this thread

Back