QDC - Discussion and Impressions Thread
Oct 26, 2017 at 5:31 AM Post #47 of 2,715
Singapore, we do have a local shop offering QDC, not sure if the Anole is in already or not. probably will give them a call to check soon.
Ah. Yeah, you should be able to get a demo from MS soon

Oct 30, 2017 at 5:09 PM Post #48 of 2,715
qdc iems are rather expensive.
Yep, they are higher than what we are used to from "made in China" brands. But I have to say the build quality and packaging are absolutely top notch. I have to admit that I have seen a lot worse in Europe.

Here's my Gemini. I guess I'm late to the party as "Anole" is already taking the spot light, haha.

_KE00705.jpg

Nov 14, 2017 at 4:14 AM Post #49 of 2,715
Yep, they are higher than what we are used to from "made in China" brands. But I have to say the build quality and packaging are absolutely top notch. I have to admit that I have seen a lot worse in Europe.

Here's my Gemini. I guess I'm late to the party as "Anole" is already taking the spot light, haha.

How long did QDC took to build your iem ?

Nov 16, 2017 at 11:14 PM Post #52 of 2,715
Last edited:
Nov 20, 2017 at 12:38 AM Post #54 of 2,715
I am curious about the neptune as well. Is there any neptune user out there that can spare some time to write up a short review? Some of us would appreciate that very much.

Nov 24, 2017 at 5:55 AM Post #58 of 2,715
Gemini arrived.

IMG_20171124_180736.jpg

It sounds amazing out of the box. Love the balance of detail and musicality, just like I remembered during testing. Very tonally accurate to my ears, and there's a nice air around the vocals that makes them pop out. An ethereal experience. I prefer the bass switch on this time around. Male vocals have more body, and of course more fun and rumble!

The silver-plated copper cable is one of the most accomplished stock cables I've seen. I don't feel the need to upgrade yet. Great ergonomics and no memory effect. Only thing is the memory wire that some people hate.

Currently doing some tip-rolling. Stock black double-flanged tips are a no-no for me. Bad seal and uh, looks. Stock transparent tips fare better. They're soft and comfortable, and I might just settle for this one if the other tips don't fare as well. The soft stems mean I have to be careful when tip-rolling though. Currently rocking Spinfits, they sit well and sound good, but the stock transparent tips seal better. Will try some Symbios later.

Lots to try out, but it's an excellent listen every step of the way.

Nov 24, 2017 at 6:57 AM Post #59 of 2,715
Gemini arrived.

It sounds amazing out of the box. Love the balance of detail and musicality, just like I remembered during testing. Very tonally accurate to my ears, and there's a nice air around the vocals that makes them pop out. An ethereal experience. I prefer the bass switch on this time around. Male vocals have more body, and of course more fun and rumble!

The silver-plated copper cable is one of the most accomplished stock cables I've seen. I don't feel the need to upgrade yet. Great ergonomics and no memory effect. Only thing is the memory wire that some people hate.

Currently doing some tip-rolling. Stock black double-flanged tips are a no-no for me. Bad seal and uh, looks. Stock transparent tips fare better. They're soft and comfortable, and I might just settle for this one if the other tips don't fare as well. The soft stems mean I have to be careful when tip-rolling though. Currently rocking Spinfits, they sit well and sound good, but the stock transparent tips seal better. Will try some Symbios later.

Lots to try out, but it's an excellent listen every step of the way.
Thanks for sharing. Nice impression you wrote. :thumbsup: May I ask Eze, what do you think of the sound compared to Flamenco?

Nov 24, 2017 at 7:01 AM Post #60 of 2,715

you might also want to give the Final Audio E tips a try!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back