QDC - Discussion and Impressions Thread
Aug 8, 2020 at 3:23 AM Post #1,876 of 2,715
I'm not going to engage with you in petty talk and you better stop this abhorrent behaviour that is trying to achieve either an intimidating status or some kind of superiority and is clearly getting you less and less respect everytime you do it, and repeat it, and repeat it again...with still same (no) result. And you criticise people for how they make their decisions? Smh...

I do as I wish with my money, time and iems and I will ask for people's opinions and help because there are lots of people on here who unlike you are very happy to help without throwing comments that seem to come straight out of an emotional garbage can.

Either be helpful, engage with people in a respectful way or go find another place to pollute. Thanks
Fully agree

Aug 8, 2020 at 4:18 AM Post #1,878 of 2,715
Thanks for your feedback.

I’m also yet to decide which is better for me, Ely and VE8. I will probably need to listen to both again at some point later to confirm.

VX is also nice but I wasn’t able to compare all three at the same time which is difficult to do. From memory, VX has better bass punch but it’s lower treble is a bit too emphasized for me. It was on a different player tho, so I will need to listen again as well.

Love all three for best comfort and fit despite them universals that I've tried.
VX far, far superior to Elysiums imo. I know it’s all really subjective, but I really don’t understand what the fuss is about on the Elysiums.

Aug 8, 2020 at 12:03 PM Post #1,879 of 2,715
VX far, far superior to Elysiums imo. I know it’s all really subjective, but I really don’t understand what the fuss is about on the Elysiums.

I have a VX coming next week. Stoked. One of my favorite (if not favorite) set. Finally pulled the trigger. Elysium was alright. Has some treble spike issues that makes cymbals and voices pierce the ear drum. At least mine. Mid range is lovely, though but disappointed in it overall.

Aug 8, 2020 at 1:56 PM Post #1,880 of 2,715
Currently using the PW Audio No 10, 8 wire. Sounds awesome!
in the end i ordered effect audio lionheart because i feel that the vocals can get really dry in some songs in my library. I listen to mostly modern pop/r&b and 2000s rock. vocals get dry on 2000s rock, it might be a trend of that period. I don't find allure in classical/jazz, maybe ill grow to like it with age. since i got the vx my andromeda hasnt really seen much use. The details are addicting.

Aug 8, 2020 at 4:01 PM Post #1,881 of 2,715
I have a VX coming next week. Stoked. One of my favorite (if not favorite) set. Finally pulled the trigger. Elysium was alright. Has some treble spike issues that makes cymbals and voices pierce the ear drum. At least mine. Mid range is lovely, though but disappointed in it overall.
Fully agree on Elysium. I thought I was the. only one who noticed the really uncomfortable upper mid/lower treble unpleasantness. Glad I'm not going mad.

Aug 8, 2020 at 4:25 PM Post #1,883 of 2,715
haha. nope. not mad. i felt the same way with the VE8. Same issue. I expect the Erlky to sound same.
The ERLK is a bit smoother, and more accurate in my opinion. By the way, the VX will also show you that “unpleasantness” if it is present on the recording. It will not smooth over harsh vocals. While a great IEM, it will not improve an overly bright recording.

Aug 8, 2020 at 9:54 PM Post #1,885 of 2,715
The ERLK is a bit smoother, and more accurate in my opinion. By the way, the VX will also show you that “unpleasantness” if it is present on the recording. It will not smooth over harsh vocals. While a great IEM, it will not improve an overly bright recording.

I'll have to try them out on the album that did me in with the Vision Line. There were other albums that pierced my ears but i did audition the VX and i loved every song i threw at but never tried the "album" above. I do remember them being close to fatiguing for my tinnitus ears but still loved em.

Aug 8, 2020 at 9:54 PM Post #1,886 of 2,715
Yes that’s true. And I don’t mind that up to a point. If it didn’t, it would mean you were losing a lot of information in the recording. But the Elysium does it much, much more and makes the whole listening experience very unrewarding for me.

Aug 9, 2020 at 11:25 AM Post #1,887 of 2,715
Having heard the UM 3DD before, I don't have high hopes for 3DD IEMs. Recently, QDC released the Dmagic 3D and after testing it, I am in awe at its overall sound. Punchy bass without being overpowering, decay is quick. The midrange is transparent with a crystal clear vocals presentation. Treble is crisp and airy. Expansive and open soundstage. QDC nailed it IMO. Really good.

photo_2020-08-08_21-22-31.jpg

Aug 9, 2020 at 11:30 AM Post #1,888 of 2,715
Having heard the UM 3DD before, I don't have high hopes for 3DD IEMs. Recently, QDC released the Dmagic 3D and after testing it, I am in awe at its overall sound. Punchy bass without being overpowering, decay is quick. The midrange is transparent with a crystal clear vocals presentation. Treble is crisp and airy. Expansive and open soundstage. QDC nailed it IMO. Really good.

So, does it compete with the big boys??? Glad to hear your positive feedback.

Aug 9, 2020 at 11:38 AM Post #1,889 of 2,715
So, does it compete with the big boys??? Glad to hear your positive feedback.
You bet! I am really impressed with how clean, crisp & coherent the sound is. This is definitely an IEM to be on your watchlist. QDC nailed it IMO.
No wonder ever since its release in China, the demand is high with very positive reception. Having tried it myself now, I am confident to recommend the Dmagic 3D. I am working on a full review with comparisons to IEMs such as Luna, Atlas, etc. Cheers.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back