Q701 impressions thread
Feb 15, 2021 at 9:44 PM Post #9,586 of 9,602
Should get the k7xx earpads, they hold up much better.

Feb 18, 2021 at 9:53 PM Post #9,588 of 9,602
I very recently sold my pair, but i pad swapped a couple times and can't remember anything off putting. More so i remember i liked the q701 pads untill i had the k7xx pads, much better.

Apr 23, 2021 at 2:51 PM Post #9,589 of 9,602
has anyone tried other pads other than the anniversary editions to change the sound? im looking to tame the treble. i like the bass, dont want to change it.

i bought these to compliment my tr-x00 that i bought for electronic music. i wanted something realistic. i was surprised that much electronic music sounded great on these too. they are detailed enough that i can usually listen much music at lower volumes. just odd track that catches me at a higher volume and my ear holes start clenching.

Apr 23, 2021 at 3:25 PM Post #9,590 of 9,602
has anyone tried other pads other than the anniversary editions to change the sound? im looking to tame the treble. i like the bass, dont want to change it.

i bought these to compliment my tr-x00 that i bought for electronic music. i wanted something realistic. i was surprised that much electronic music sounded great on these too. they are detailed enough that i can usually listen much music at lower volumes. just odd track that catches me at a higher volume and my ear holes start clenching.

Fwiw it's worth I bought these for my pair: https://www.brainwavzaudio.com/products/gaming-earpads-xl

Really like them and sold the K712 after getting these pads on the Qs. It's been so long since I had the original pads on that I don't remember the details in the change of the sound but I obviously enjoyed them more than the stock pads. The comfort is also much better with the Brainwaivz pads.

Apr 26, 2021 at 4:03 AM Post #9,592 of 9,602
Dekoni also offers memory foam pads, with velour, leather, perforated leather, and a hybrid of all three. Dekoni publishes measurements, but if memory serves the velour pads cut a bit of treble (EQ is also your friend, reductions are much easier than increases.

Apr 26, 2021 at 11:33 AM Post #9,593 of 9,602
im shying away from boutique earpads because of the investment. im going to try eq. ive been a purist and avoiding eq because im new to audio fidelity, suspicious of effects and dont trust my ears enough.

Apr 27, 2021 at 3:23 PM Post #9,594 of 9,602
I tried the Dekoni perforated sheep skin on my Q701 as the original pad is already worn. Not too impressed with the quality of the leather.
I think when it’s time to get another pad replacement, I’ll go with the original pad from AKG.

Apr 28, 2021 at 6:02 AM Post #9,595 of 9,602
Hello, my pads are in terrible condition after using them for, what, five years? Anyway, I'm planning on replacing them when I can.
I'm in a situation where I need to save money, so I can't really justify spending, like, $70 on new pads atm. Not to say I'm looking for cheap replacements, cuz I definitely want something decent. I'm okay if the pads are different if that's the best I'm going to be getting at the price.
I live in the U.S in West Virginia., so if pads come with really high shipping costs to here, they're probably a no-go.
Anyone have any recommendations? Plz and thx

Jun 5, 2021 at 1:25 AM Post #9,598 of 9,602
Still lovin' everything about my og Q701 (Made In Austria) even the pads. I've heard the China-made ones and the timbre on those sound a bit plastic-y compared to these aside from the differences on the headband.
IMG_20201017_224518.jpg

Jun 5, 2021 at 3:05 PM Post #9,600 of 9,602
Still lovin' everything about my og Q701 (Made In Austria) even the pads. I've heard the China-made ones and the timbre on those sound a bit plastic-y compared to these aside from the differences on the headband.
IMG_20201017_224518.jpg
Damn AKG HP look so nice. Always like the design of AKG HP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back