Q701 impressions thread
Jan 1, 2016 at 3:17 PM Post #9,227 of 9,602
That looks pretty solid... Where did u get the felt? Hobby lobby or something?

I dont remember, i did this years ago. Any craft store should have it in various colors. It was very cheap too, maybe a couple bucks.

Jan 2, 2016 at 2:25 AM Post #9,228 of 9,602
I forgot to tell you about a strange feeling with Q701.
It seems that they get easily overdrive and then distorted on some high energy cd's cranking up thevolume. .
This happens with O2 amp and Burson ..s no problem

Jan 3, 2016 at 7:02 AM Post #9,229 of 9,602
It seems that they get easily overdrive and then distorted on some high energy cd's cranking up thevolume. .
Yup, this could be an issue especially with hard rock and genres like that.I mainly use mine with classical and jazz,and they do a fine job there, if I wanna rock out, I get my Sony Z7 rolling. YMMV.

Jan 3, 2016 at 8:24 AM Post #9,230 of 9,602

Yeah, the distortion is noticeable on some songs on high gain from the O2, but I've never heard it distort on low gain.

Jan 4, 2016 at 4:51 PM Post #9,236 of 9,602
I give 2 good examples
Marcus Miller Afroodezia firs track
Eric Clapton Te Breeze ..first track
Try and then come back to me crying..

Don't hear any distortion with the Eric Clapton track, bass guitar distorts at about 5'o clock on the knob with Marcus Miller all on low gain. I don't listen close to any of these volumes, you might have a defective pair or I'm not very good at hearing distortions, there are only a handful songs in my collection I hear distort, and that's all in high gain.

Jan 10, 2016 at 11:31 AM Post #9,238 of 9,602
I just wanted to chime in about gaming on the Q701s as I'd seen more than a few questions about it. I use a Asus Xonar D1 in Dolby headphone mode and they are simply astounding. I've used Steelseries Siberia V2 and ATH A900X recently and the Gulf is so massive it isn't even worth comparing. Gigantic soundstage and pinpoint 3d positional audio cues. The Xonar D1 is a fantastic soundcard and can power them alone decently but you'll get a lot more authority out of the sound paired with an amp.

Jan 12, 2016 at 2:33 AM Post #9,239 of 9,602

If i cared more, i could have made it look a bit better and more seamless, but it works, and looks decent.
Killer mod for the handful of us who love the AKG house sound, but disliked how those bumps felt after a day's worth of work hours with them on! :xf_eek:k_hand_tone2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back