Q-Jays are back.
Jul 31, 2016 at 6:33 AM Post #316 of 456
  Hello! My quest for a neutral IEM has led me to these little guys. I haven't heard much about these so far but the price tag is within my 200-400 range.

GO get them NOW! 
normal_smile .gif

Aug 8, 2016 at 2:07 AM Post #318 of 456
Hey.they also work great with shure olives foam earbuds.much better at sealing and much more longer lasting than compared to the Comply brand.

I also like the Olive/q Jays combination, though my sensitive ears can only take a few hours of olives before they start to burn from friction.

Aug 19, 2016 at 1:56 AM Post #319 of 456
I love the first gen Q Jays for it's size and overall tonal qualities. I subsequently moved on to Phonak and now that Q Jays gen 2 is back, I'm naturally intrigued. However I'm also hesitatant to commit on IEMs (at this price point) given the impending change to remove 3.5mm from iPhones. Anyone knows (or can ask) or perhaps care to speculate if Jays will release a lighting cables to pair with these earphones? 

Aug 19, 2016 at 2:26 PM Post #320 of 456
I love the first gen Q Jays for it's size and overall tonal qualities. I subsequently moved on to Phonak and now that Q Jays gen 2 is back, I'm naturally intrigued. However I'm also hesitatant to commit on IEMs (at this price point) given the impending change to remove 3.5mm from iPhones. Anyone knows (or can ask) or perhaps care to speculate if Jays will release a lighting cables to pair with these earphones? 

Hang tight I believe convert cables will beavailable soon too once that launches.

Aug 23, 2016 at 12:08 AM Post #323 of 456
  Just went to give these a test drive today and I love it. Was difficult resisting and walking out of the store.

Resistance is futile.

Wonderful IEM's.

Sep 25, 2016 at 10:30 AM Post #324 of 456

How soon will the standard cable be available? I've noticed that it's out of stock. Since it's proprietary, I'd like to keep a spare on hand, just in case.

No worries. We have them and will make them available in our online store shortly. 

Sill no sign of the q-JAYS standard cable on your website after 4 months. How much longer?

Sep 28, 2016 at 2:28 AM Post #326 of 456

Sill no sign of the q-JAYS standard cable on your website after 4 months. How much longer?

We do have them so no worries :) In this case the cables got stuck in transfer on the way to our web store warehouse. I have sent them stronger coffee now.. Should be up on www.jaysheadphones.com in 1-2 weeks. If there are accessories not listed or out of stock you can always email our support. Usually we can solve most things with some Swedish magic as long as it does not include trips to the moon. If so please email Elon Musk instead 
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 8, 2016 at 4:58 PM Post #328 of 456
Update! We just opened the pre-order for our extremely limited 200pcs 10 year anniversary edition. 

https://www.jaysheadphones.com/products/q-jays-anniversary-editon/

Those look nice! Upgrade deal from the original q-jays :wink:

Nov 8, 2016 at 9:49 PM Post #329 of 456
I got tired of replacing RE-400s and picked up some Q-jays. I just got them and I'm having trouble using them directly from my phone, a Samsung Note 4. There's a low volume hiss that is noticeable. I'm not sure if my phone is just unable to drive them and I'm not entirely experienced in IEM compatibility. Any thoughts?

Nov 8, 2016 at 10:15 PM Post #330 of 456
look nice! wonder if there's any chance the twisted cable will be available seperately at some point, wouldn't mind a backup

I got tired of replacing RE-400s and picked up some Q-jays. I just got them and I'm having trouble using them directly from my phone, a Samsung Note 4. There's a low volume hiss that is noticeable. I'm not sure if my phone is just unable to drive them and I'm not entirely experienced in IEM compatibility. Any thoughts?

I don't have note 4 but that's not uncommon with phones and even some DAPs if you are using moderately sensitive IEMs or your ears are sensitive to those frequencies. You could try using them with an external dac/amp dongle like a Dragonfly or something, although sometimes the noise can be transmitted over usb (using a cable with a ceramic choke might fix that)... some external dac/amps will also pick up RF noise from the phone if they are too close, so there is a risk of introducing additional noise :veryevil:

In terms of specs Q-Jays appear forgiving in terms of matching sources due to 50 ohm impedance and 103db/mW not being super sensitive, though I certainly have some sources I prefer to others with them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back