Q-Jays are back.
Jun 2, 2016 at 2:30 AM Post #286 of 456
All the Olives have the same size stem.  So what you are looking for is the appropriate size foam for your ears.  S, M or L.  q-Jays came with those 3 options in Comply as well.

Question? but aren't the shure olives better made to last longer. Comply isolation buds usually starts to wear out after a few weeks daily use.

Jun 2, 2016 at 4:07 AM Post #287 of 456
Yep - that's why I suggested using the Olives.  They last a lot longer.

Jun 2, 2016 at 8:40 AM Post #288 of 456
  I do believe q-JAYS 2 only comes with a pair of M size Comply. The corresponding olive size is of course M size as well.

My set of Complys broke after one week. Maybe @PetCed can share some light on the Comply size included in the box?

Jun 2, 2016 at 8:45 AM Post #289 of 456
  My set of Complys broke after one week. Maybe @PetCed can share some light on the Comply size included in the box?

It's the Comply T-100 in Medium that's included. We sell replacements in our online store but if you live in the US it will be cheaper to order through www.complyfoam.com . Comply say you need around 3-4 pair per year since they loose their functionality and worn out depending on how much you use them. If they broke very fast then get in contact with our support for further discussion. 

www.jaysheadphones.com 

Jun 2, 2016 at 9:10 AM Post #290 of 456

It's the Comply T-100 in Medium that's included. We sell replacements in our online store but if you live in the US it will be cheaper to order through www.complyfoam.com . Comply say you need around 3-4 pair per year since they loose their functionality and worn out depending on how much you use them. If they broke very fast then get in contact with our support for further discussion. 

www.jaysheadphones.com 

Thanks for the prompt answer! I live in Sweden so I may just order from the Jays website. Great iems btw! You may want to reach out to comply and make them change to the new qjays, when you choose custom fit they present the 1st version..

Jun 2, 2016 at 11:37 PM Post #292 of 456
I haven't worn out the Comply P-types that I put on my Q's when I first got them... months ago. I wear them every workday, twice each day (commutes).
If the Comply's last this long, If I switch to the (longer lasting) Olives... A couple pair, and I'll be set for life.
rolleyes.gif

Jun 3, 2016 at 12:22 AM Post #293 of 456
  I haven't worn out the Comply P-types that I put on my Q's when I first got them... months ago. I wear them every workday, twice each day (commutes).
If the Comply's last this long, If I switch to the (longer lasting) Olives... A couple pair, and I'll be set for life.
rolleyes.gif

I still have my very first pair of olive from 2008, around the time when Shure first introduced them, and they are still fine, that should tell you their staying power.

Jun 3, 2016 at 11:25 AM Post #294 of 456
rolleyes.gif

It seems that I'm now forced into using Comply tips for my q-JAYS, as well as a few others that I recently purchased, because none of the supplied tips seals well. Being new to Comply tips, I'm hoping to get as much life as I can out of them, because they cost so much. Since you seem to get, an unusually lengthy lifespan out of Comply tips, I'm wondering if you compress yours before insertion or is the P series more durable? I'm lucky enough to be able to use the large T(Tx) Comply tips, without compressing them and I hope that will help them last longer. I'm still able to get a good seal. I'm wondering if compressing them, as recommended, also quickens their demise?

Jun 4, 2016 at 1:44 PM Post #295 of 456

It seems that I'm now forced into using Comply tips for my q-JAYS, as well as a few others that I recently purchased, because none of the supplied tips seals well. Being new to Comply tips, I'm hoping to get as much life as I can out of them, because they cost so much. Since you seem to get, an unusually lengthy lifespan out of Comply tips, I'm wondering if you compress yours before insertion or is the P series more durable? I'm lucky enough to be able to use the large T(Tx) Comply tips, without compressing them and I hope that will help them last longer. I'm still able to get a good seal. I'm wondering if compressing them, as recommended, also quickens their demise?

I do compress them... as much as possible, for a very deep insertion.
I think part of the longevity for me stems from an almost OCD cleanness to hands (fingers) and ears.

Jun 4, 2016 at 1:54 PM Post #296 of 456

I do compress them... as much as possible, for a very deep insertion.
I think part of the longevity for me stems from an almost OCD cleanness to hands (fingers) and ears.

Thanks for the reply. I just wish that Comply tips weren't so ridiculously expensive but what in this hobby isn't?

Jun 11, 2016 at 3:21 AM Post #297 of 456
Thanks for y'alls suggestions, unfortunately I can't wear IEMs particularly deep & other silicone tips weren't much help with the Q-Jays, however, as suggested the foams have been good at reducing most of the sibilance... generally dislike foams but will definitely order some Olives to give a go.

I think it's worth it for the sound and almost ideal form-factor - wish they had been released at the same time as the IM02... would have saved me a lot of needless earphone hunting and $$$, I think (IM02 would have been it as well, had they fit comfortably), but now I'm too far gone :rolleyes:

Yep! A nice set if you can cope with the large housings, for only $120 which is very competitive (well, at least until all those <$100 three driver hybrids...). Now I need to try Duoza... eager to see what ZA make next.

PS Anyone find the cable a little bit short?  I'm not tall, but cable's not quite long enough to wear behind-ear style
with DAP in pocket.

Agreed. The cable does seem a touch short for over the ear wear. But since using the Shure Olive foam buds, they seem more comfortable. And seem to be more solidly sturdy and well.

Jun 25, 2016 at 8:43 PM Post #300 of 456
Quick question: Can the cable (particularly the Android one) be used on other headphones, like the Klipsch X20i (SSMCX connector) or Westone W series? The Jays site says it's a custom thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back