Q Cable Impressions Thread
Aug 18, 2012 at 1:13 PM Post #76 of 555
Quote:

I would echo these sentiments also. Great company to deal. You just don't see someone as gracious in the retail market often. It's refreshing. My
ONLY cable purchase will certainly be from Steve. 
biggrin.gif

Aug 19, 2012 at 5:07 AM Post #77 of 555
I am planning to buy a Q-audio cable from Steve for my HD800 and my LCD-2/3.(french silk :p )
I verry much like his eco-friendly approach and the fact he is a verry nice guy.
Do you think his cables are FAR more superior soundquality and build quality wise as opposed to more expensive ones ala ALO , Double Helix, Stefan audio Art??

Aug 19, 2012 at 6:44 AM Post #78 of 555
Quote:
I am planning to buy a Q-audio cable from Steve for my HD800 and my LCD-2/3.(french silk :p )
I verry much like his eco-friendly approach and the fact he is a verry nice guy.
Do you think his cables are FAR more superior soundquality and build quality wise as opposed to more expensive ones ala ALO , Double Helix, Stefan audio Art??

Depends where you fall in...in the do cables make a difference.

I've had a Endorphin and Cardas Clear and neither sounded better than my current Q. However the Q
provides the better feel,comfort and overall ergonomics. Fwiw.

Aug 19, 2012 at 8:00 AM Post #79 of 555
I'd say that I can only slight differences between cables. Honestly, I hear much more differences with changes in things like pads, which are usually a lot less money. I buy nice cables for ergonomics and usability. This is why I enjoy the Q cable so much. It's very light and pliable. Not light and springy. It also looks very nice. It's just right for me. 
biggrin.gif

Aug 19, 2012 at 12:17 PM Post #82 of 555
Quote:
He's like an old maid. Braiding and reading at the same time. Stopping only to post. He's very dedicated. 

I actually pay pretty close attention when braiding.

It's when I'm stuffing the litz into the sleeving that you'll find me sitting in my rocking chair, a wind up clock on the mantle going tick.. tick.. tick.. tick.., several cats lounging about, a blueberry pie cooling on the window sill and an old Claude Rains movie on the TV.
biggrin.gif

se

Aug 19, 2012 at 1:43 PM Post #83 of 555
Quote:

I actually pay pretty close attention when braiding.

It's when I'm stuffing the litz into the sleeving that you'll find me sitting in my rocking chair, a wind up clock on the mantle going tick.. tick.. tick.. tick.., several cats lounging about, a blueberry pie cooling on the window sill and an old Claude Rains movie on the TV.
biggrin.gif

se

Wow you guys are funny,where do you come up with stuff??Maybe making to much cables Steve? :D

Aug 20, 2012 at 3:48 AM Post #84 of 555
I suspect half of the ppl on this forum go on 4chan as well 
wink.gif

Also, ive nvr heard of stefan audio art before. just checked their website and maybe im being judgemental but the website looks like ****

Aug 23, 2012 at 2:46 PM Post #85 of 555
I have a Q cable on order for my HE-400's. I ordered them half because MattTCG highly recommends them and half because I find Steve's posts hilarious.

Aug 24, 2012 at 6:58 PM Post #86 of 555
Well, I got my 2 Q Cables today. Both were terminated with dual 3pin XLRs for both my LCD-3s and HD800s. First off, my experience with Steve was top notch...fantastic communication and a great guy to chew the audio fat with.

They are very well constructed and professional in appearance. Like the typical Q Audio cables, they are  about the most ergonomic and microphonic-free cables around. Sonically they are to the level I am used to (I already own a single ended Q cable for my LCD-3s and it is my favouirte thus far). I have previously owned a few other very well respected cables for my LCD-3s, but these in the end are the ones I'm sticking with.

Now onto sonics (I am not a cable burn-in believer), again what I'm used to, nice, clean and very transparent. Overall a great transaction. Now I can finally hear my GS-X at its full potential. (More to come on that later).

Now just waiting on Steve to finish up with some Swedish dude's balanced to single-ended adapter....so that I can get mine soon. 
wink_face.gif
 (Inside joke).

Aug 27, 2012 at 8:35 PM Post #88 of 555
Quote:
Hi Macedonian Hero,

Mind providing some impression on the HD800 cables that you own?
Q Cable vs Cardas vs Stock..

No worries, ergonomically the Q is just about the best cable I've owned for my HD800s or LCD-3s. Nice and light and zero microphonics. Sonically the stock cable can come off with a bit tizzy treble. With the Q Cable, it does tame that sheen on the treble while still keeping the headphone's incredible ability to portray details like no other. The Cardas is ok, sonically superior to the stock as well, but I prefer the slightly more musical sound of the Q cable (not to mention ergonomically, its a few steps up from the Cardas).

Aug 27, 2012 at 9:02 PM Post #89 of 555
I haven't got mine yet.

If the Q improves things from where they are now, especially since it is the last link between the Source/Amplification, I'd be very satisfied.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back