Q Cable Impressions Thread
Nov 30, 2012 at 10:05 AM Post #166 of 555

Icenine2

Headphoneus Supremus
Loving mine as well.  Of course the Red Color is way cool.  Aside from my listening enjoyment with the Q-Silks I love the cable itself and it's lightness.

Nov 30, 2012 at 2:46 PM Post #168 of 555

Icenine2

Headphoneus Supremus
I keep getting more dialed into my RED Silk Q's.  Really nice!  Listening to Genesis Live right now and its splendid..............

Dec 2, 2012 at 1:56 AM Post #170 of 555

Loko-Pillo

Head-Fier
Quote:
Loving mine as well.  Of course the Red Color is way cool.  Aside from my listening enjoyment with the Q-Silks I love the cable itself and it's lightness.

The Red is just totally groovy! And with your equipment is a totally justified WOW!

Yes! That's very true concerning the actual cable.

I was so caught up in my surprise concerning the sound that I didn't go into that much.

Very comfy! 

I didn't actually realize how cables were annoying until I realized how comfortable they can be with Q.

Especially with the LCDs the stock was really annoying when I was lying down a bit, pressing on my shoulder/chest. That's probably what ruined my stock cables. It was also always getting in the way in general as I'm sure most users noticed. 

As I said, I didn't notice until I got the Q!

But now.... now I'm spoilt! 

Dec 6, 2012 at 4:49 PM Post #172 of 555

Rizlaw

100+ Head-Fier
Newest convert to the "Q".
happy_face1.gif

Steve says I'm the first to order and receive the brown silk with a brown phenolic TRS plug. Steve was also right in saying it looked wonderful. I've only listened for all of 2 minutes, but it sounds more open and detailed compared to my upgraded Audeze cable. My LCD-2.1's have improved with the Q silk. Money well spent. Now I'm waiting on my newly ordered and tricked out Decware "Rachael" SE34I.3.

Dec 6, 2012 at 6:32 PM Post #174 of 555

Rizlaw

100+ Head-Fier
Thank Steve.

The X-202-B in the picture was the heart of my very first high-end system back when I was about 16 (a very long time ago) along with the matching Fisher Tuner,  a pair of Janzen speakers and Weathers turntable with Weathers strain gauge cartridge. Last year I resurrected the amp from the closet and had it refurbished. Boy did that cost! However, my LCD-2.1sounds great through the Fisher (much more dynamic that my WA2).

I just went back and read Warrior Ant's review of the Q silk, so far, I agree with everything he says.

Dec 6, 2012 at 10:36 PM Post #176 of 555

Steve Eddy

Member of the Trade: The Audio Guild
Aka: TempAccount555
Quote:
The X-202-B in the picture was the heart of my very first high-end system back when I was about 16 (a very long time ago) along with the matching Fisher Tuner,  a pair of Janzen speakers and Weathers turntable with Weathers strain gauge cartridge. Last year I resurrected the amp from the closet and had it refurbished. Boy did that cost! However, my LCD-2.1sounds great through the Fisher (much more dynamic that my WA2).

Nice! Very cool that you still have the actual amp you originally purchased.

I also got my first "real" stereo system when I was 16, right after I got my first "real" job. Though I think you have a few years on me as this was in 1976. My father co-signed a loan for me and I bought an all Pioneer system from the BX at the local Air Force base. It was an SA-7700 integrated amp, big-ass CS-99A speakers and a turntable whose model number escapes me along with a Pickering cartridge the model number of which also escapes me. I ended up selling it to a friend many years ago, but about five years ago I was feeling particularly nostalgic and bought another SA-7700 and a pair of CS-99A's. As much as I love the SA-7700, it was supplanted several years ago by another love of mine, the more modern, but absolutely gorgeous TEAC A-H500 integrated amp which does a wonderful job of driving my LCD-2 Rev. 2's (the A-H500's headphone jack is driven off the speaker outs through 390 ohm resistors, so it's like driving the LCD-2's with a transconductance amp).

se

Dec 7, 2012 at 9:55 AM Post #177 of 555

Icenine2

Headphoneus Supremus
Quote:
Newest convert to the "Q".
happy_face1.gif

Steve says I'm the first to order and receive the brown silk with a brown phenolic TRS plug. Steve was also right in saying it looked wonderful. I've only listened for all of 2 minutes, but it sounds more open and detailed compared to my upgraded Audeze cable. My LCD-2.1's have improved with the Q silk. Money well spent. Now I'm waiting on my newly ordered and tricked out Decware "Rachael" SE34I.3.

Dec 7, 2012 at 7:37 PM Post #179 of 555

Icenine2

Headphoneus Supremus
I have to wonder what my rig here would sound like with some RED IC's from Q!

Users who are viewing this thread