putting on ksc-35
Aug 29, 2002 at 4:10 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

aznhoward

Head-Fier
how exactly do you put on the ksc-35s?

I've had mine for about 3 days, and it's really hard for me to put them on each time...

and can you use one hand to put them on for each ear?

the way i do it is bending the clip outwards with one hand, and hold the earpad with my other hand, then place it onto ear. (and while doing this, my arms are in an odd position.)

but i hate bending the clip because it seems like I might accidentally break it or something....

thanks

Aug 29, 2002 at 4:30 AM Post #2 of 8
It's a steep learning curve, isn't it.

Ok, the way I put it on is to put my thumb and index finger in between the clip and hp enclosure. Slowly expand these 2 fingers so that the gap between the clip and HP widen. Hold the HP up and slot it down to my ear, and the gap will automatically go back to its normal position and sit on your ear nicely. Pardon my poor English.

Aug 29, 2002 at 4:56 AM Post #3 of 8
Hold the tip of the clip on the top of your hear where there is a space between your ear and your head and rotate it down. Then pull the back of your ear a little to make it secure. This way you won't be bending the clip and potentially breaking it one day. Hope this is clear.

P.S.

It maybe helpful putting the KSC 35 in front of the mirror for the first time with this method. Hold the KSC 35 so the Koss logo is upside down. By rotating it down the Koss logo will now be vertical.

Aug 29, 2002 at 12:50 PM Post #4 of 8
Maddog's way looks the best, I'll try it tonight. I'm also new to 35s. I just put'em on my ears already playing and had no time to adjust, I was so mesmerized for the sound that I stopped doing anything else but listening!

Aug 29, 2002 at 8:46 PM Post #5 of 8
The key for me is to put them on your ear and then rotate them backwards (meaning rotate the top of the KSC-35 towards the back of the head) until they're secure.

Aug 29, 2002 at 9:59 PM Post #6 of 8
Sorry to say Anzhoward, that for some folks (me included) you never really get the hang of it --I'm convinced that it depends on the size/shape of your ears. I bought some portapros & like them overall much better, even though the 35s sound marginally better. The 35s sit in a drawer. I hope your experience with the 35s is better, but if not, get a pair of those portapros.

Aug 29, 2002 at 10:39 PM Post #7 of 8
Quote:

Originally posted by aznhoward
how exactly do you put on the ksc-35s?

One leg at a time, aznhoward. One leg at a time...

biggrin.gif

Aug 30, 2002 at 1:18 AM Post #8 of 8
Quote:

Originally posted by MadDog5145
Hold the tip of the clip on the top of your hear where there is a space between your ear and your head and rotate it down. Then pull the back of your ear a little to make it secure. This way you won't be bending the clip and potentially breaking it one day. Hope this is clear.

P.S.

It maybe helpful putting the KSC 35 in front of the mirror for the first time with this method. Hold the KSC 35 so the Koss logo is upside down. By rotating it down the Koss logo will now be vertical.

thanks! I tried what you said and I can get it on flawlessly now..
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back