Pure Note Interconnects. Mini Personal Review.
Mar 9, 2002 at 7:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Acoustic

New Head-Fier
Hi folks. You may recall that I had posted an earlier thread about Pure Note cables and promised a mini-review. First, my system for your reference:

-Martin Logan ReQuests.
-Krell FPB 600.
-Krell KRC/Reference Phono.
-Sony SCD-1.
-Old VPI table, SME3009 arm, and various cartridges.
-All interconnects, Pure Note Epsilon Reference.
-Current speaker cables are Pure Note Epsilon Reference.

Don't have a headphone setup yet but I like this Fourm for the people.

Epsilon Reference RCA Interconnects:

Unique alloy jacket cable with bonded copper/silver conductors and Teflon dielectrics. WBT Topline connectors. Price is $800 per meter pair. Website: http://www.purenote.com

I have gone through many interconnects in the past year with mixed results, everything from Cardas to Siltech. The Pure Note's are the first cables to sound balanced in my system. They are very musical with no artificial character common to most pure silver cables.

Build quality and appearance is excellent. These cables are stiffer than a plastic cable of the same diameter but still easy to route. Pure Note says this is mainly because of the Teflon aircore and not the metal braid. I borrowed the original Epsilon cables from a friend and these are definitely stiffer and heavier than the new Reference version.

I now have a good 300 hours on them and am very pleased. The most impressive aspect of these cables is their focus. Instruments are well defined with no blurring. Natural musical qualities are abundant. They are also very quiet with tiny nuances appearing from a black background.

I will stop here because I want to see the official review from Head-Fi.

Mar 9, 2002 at 9:46 PM Post #3 of 4
What other ICs have you tried in that price range? Acoustic Zen
Silver Reference ?

Were the Cardas you mentioned trying previously Golden Cross, Neutral Reference?

Just trying to get an idea of your preferences, also what type of power conditioner you using?

Mar 9, 2002 at 10:20 PM Post #4 of 4
DarkAngel: I have tried AZ Silver ref., HT Truthlink, Silver Audio Hyacynth, Cardas Golden Cross (warm), Cardas Neut. Ref (better), Nordost Quatro-Fil. Also borrowed Silversmith, HMS, Valhalla, Siltech G3, Stage III (can't remember model), and more.

I am using Richard Gray power conditioners. I like a musically accurate midrange. My friend who owns the original Epsilons prefers them over the Ref. version. I have to disagree since I do not like too much air in the top that many silver cables are known for. The Logan's are very good at revealing faults in the mid-top that I have not heard with any dynamic speaker.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back