Purchasing Zhalou Dac
Mar 11, 2006 at 6:26 PM Post #46 of 52
I have no idea. I was just bring to the forum information I found.

There are pictures on page three of the BBS link and the other link is found on page two.

Enjoy..

Mar 11, 2006 at 6:30 PM Post #47 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by uzziah
ahhhhh, the connection.....it's all soo clear...

Yeah, I'm probably going to surprise him a little.
wink.gif
I brought my friend over and said, hey, I think that's Fan posting on here. He's a good guy.

Mar 11, 2006 at 7:06 PM Post #49 of 52
The clock in the link seems to be different from what we have got here, 10ppm clock vs. 1-2ppm provide from Lawrrance or Eddie.

Quote:

Originally Posted by slwiser
Here is a link for that rubber band supported clock.

Http://www.hifidiy.net/cnshop/views.asp?hw_id=67

I found this using a BBS from China that has a thread noting this thread.

I translate it using google and attempt to understand it as best I can but the google translation leaves much to be desired.

http://www.erji.net/read.php?tid=208974&fpage=3

Anyone have any suggestions as to which translator would be best for Chinese?

Mar 11, 2006 at 8:11 PM Post #50 of 52
Your right, same design though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by goto2003
The clock in the link seems to be different from what we have got here, 10ppm clock vs. 1-2ppm provide from Lawrrance or Eddie.

Mar 13, 2006 at 1:03 PM Post #51 of 52
Has anyone got their shipping notice of modified Zhaolu from Eddie Wu, the distributor of Zhaolu in HK? I ordered last week and Eddie told me that he will ship on yesterday but so far I haven't got the shipping notice.

Mar 13, 2006 at 2:25 PM Post #52 of 52
Some translation and paraphrasing of posts in this thread:
http://www.erji.net/read.php?tid=208974&fpage=3

The original post describes the comparison of a modded Zhaolu vs. a Benchmark DAC1 and Lavry DA10 made by three people and posted on Head-Fi. After summarizing the findings, the OP states he doesn't believe the comparison was shilling. He says this level of shilling would be very difficult for Zhaolu to "buy" anyway. Then the pricing structure is listed, and the point made that the total is still less than half the price of a DA10.

Responses include:

Surprise at the high cost of the base Zhaolu, US$180.

Curiosity as to the specific mods done to the Zhaolu. Several people want to know what the mods were.

In post 14 the OP states that a DAC that can beat a DA10 at US$400 is a great value, no matter if modded or not. He wonders if Zhaolu would directly sell an already modded unit.

Post 16 says there's some uncertainty, since the mod parts cost a lot more than prices in China.

In post 37, the OP states the point is not that it's a Zhaolu, it's that a US$400 modded DAC can compete with the highly regarded US$1000 Lavry DA10.

Post 38 asks the OP to look into what the mods were.

Post 43 is the contact info for the HK-based Zhaolu distributor, Wai Wai Valve, and says it seems many foreigners are buying from him.

Post 47, the OP is asking for Ferbose, apparently the same Ferbose who is a member here.

Post 48 says if the comparison was fair, it means stock Zhaolu units made too many compromises.

Post 51 asks is there such high precision, regarding the Clock upgrade, 2PPM $70.

Post 53 the OP is asking for Ferbose again.
biggrin.gif

Post 65, goto2003 (apparently a member of Head-Fi) states that he bought a unit for $250, with only the power supply upgrade, because the latest info is that the clock upgrade doesn't do anything.

Basically, the guys at Erji.net are wondering what the mods to the Zhaolu were that allowed it to "beat" a Lavry DA10.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back