Purchasing 500 euro setup tomorrow, critique my choices (again!)
Jul 27, 2015 at 8:41 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Tadgh

100+ Head-Fier
Hey fellas,

A few weeks ago I posted here asking for recommendations, and I got an overwhelmingly awesome response where I was actually convinced to spend twice what I was going to (because you all seem to hate my wallet..). Now I'm purchasing tomorrow or the day after (whenever pay-day is), and I wanted to come address my choices in a new thread to be critiqued :)

The plan:

Source: Steinburg UR22 DAC to my PC
Amp: Gemtune SMSL SA-50
Speakers: Zensor 3s

Stands: Hand-made stands of concrete blocks
Environment: Small/Medium room(s), curved ceilings, flat walls but hopefully heavy fabric to drape over them.

The primary purpose for this rig is music, and it always will be. Any and all criticism (and hopefully recommendations) are welcome! I also have a few questions:

Where can I get cheap and abundant heavy fabric or any alternative for draping over flat walls?

What's your opinion on buying a pair of Wharfedale 220s and a SW150 sub?

Is buying a UR22 inteface a good idea (I do need an interface just FYI) when using it as primary source?

Thanks a bunch lads, I'll post pictures once my setup takes it's initial form! I'm hella excited :) 

Jul 27, 2015 at 9:09 AM Post #2 of 3
I don't know anything about the Steinburg UR22. There are likely DACs that could perform as well for less money. But if you need an interface, then you need an interface :)

Jul 27, 2015 at 9:36 AM Post #3 of 3
I don't know anything about the Steinburg UR22. There are likely DACs that could perform as well for less money. But if you need an interface, then you need an interface
smily_headphones1.gif

I kinda do unfortunately, having said that it has to be better than the inbuilt chip on my motherboard, which makes an audible hiss whenever in use.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back