Purchase advice: Which ear-fitting headphones meeting these criteria should I buy?
Apr 27, 2021 at 6:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Kreischwurst

New Head-Fier
Hi there, hello,

My current headphones are falling apart more and more, it's time for new ones! In the search for the right model I have a rather restrictive catalog of criteria, so that best lists and recommendations found on the Internet are only moderately helpful (even the otherwise very well structured and interesting "Headphone Buying Guide" here in the forum): Every time at least one criterion is not met. That's why I thought I'd just ask you directly.

I'm looking for ear-fitting headphones (earbuds or IEMs) that ...
  • ... are wired.
  • ... have a "straight" (not right-angled! Sorry, I lack the technical vocabulary at this point) headphone plug / phone connector that fits snugly and tightly into the (e.g. phone's) headphone socket (no undue wiggling and turning to avoid defective contacts).
  • ... are suitable for making phone calls (i.e. especially have an at least decent microphone, preferably also a multi-button remote control).
  • ... are as durable as possible / have cables that are as cable-break-proof as possible.
  • ... ideally have detachable / replaceable cables, i.e. plug-in connections (MMCX at best).
  • ... have a good grip in the ear.
  • ... do not cost (much) more than 200 Euros / ≈ 240 US-$.
Can you think of an (ideally modern, chicly designed) model that meets these criteria that you can recommend to me? Then I am very grateful for any tip!

Thank you and many greetings! 😊

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back