1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Punk rock for audiophiles? Does it exist?

Discussion in 'Music' started by hellbent, Feb 5, 2017.
  1. hellbent
    Well I've been starting to listen to a bit of punk again. Don't really know that much, but I like the stuff thats has some metal influences. Ive been listening to some pennywise and sum 41 mostly. Is there anything out there with good production quality, and overall musical talent?

Probably not the type of music most people here listen to, but I'll be interested to hear your responses.

2. leftside
    I like earlier punk. The Damned, The Dead Kennedys, The Exploited.

Alphasoixante and WraithApe like this.
  3. LaughMoreDaily
    Quite possibly the "best" Vancouver, Canada band in history. I believe this was their last abum. They called it quits in 2005. :frowning2:

4. LaughMoreDaily
  5. Intensecure
    Not sure how some would define them, but there is a band called "f###ed up" that is punk to me, and has some pretty good musicianship imho - triple guitars leading into the introduction of a song, harmonising as they build etc..I think they are worth a listen if you haven't already.

Alphasoixante likes this.
  6. LaughMoreDaily
    If you're looking for Audiophile punk rock, you can probably only find the bigger bands... maybe try Tidal?

7. burgunder
    Try Shellac

8. Myk28
    Seconded. 
    I'd also recommend These Arms Are Snakes, The Jesus Lizard, and The Stooges. 

9. demetrij
    some Bad Religion vinyl sounds pretty good

LaughMoreDaily likes this.
  10. stalepie
    LARD, maybe? "mate spawn & die," "war pimp renaissance"