Puerto Rico disaster
Oct 12, 2017 at 1:11 PM Post #18 of 57
Jut a little reminder of the purpose for this thread...

Probably should've started this much sooner. But better late than never I guess.

My main reason for starting this is simply to provide a place for HF-ers to post info on the evolving situation in Puerto Rico. I'll be posting mainly news clips from the major networks in the US, and from other parts of the world where applicable.

Comments and posts by others are welcome. Please keep posts along purely political lines to a minimum though.

Some of the MSNBC (and Fox News...) links I've posted above do contain some political commentary. But that is not my reason for posting them. Unfortunately as the situation in Puerto Rico unfolds, it's becoming more difficult to find factual info about the events there which does not also contain some obvious political slant.

I hope we can keep our attention focused primarily on the humanitarian needs in this crisis though. And not turn the situation in Puerto Rico into another political football. Because that will do nothing to help the people who's homes and lives were shattered by this disaster, and who are now suffering through its aftermath.

Last edited:
Oct 16, 2017 at 1:16 PM Post #19 of 57
Sincerely hope things are getting better for you - and all in PR.
I'm part of an org 'helping' out there - hope that you are seeing at least some results, infrastructure, roads, etc etc.
God bless

Oct 28, 2017 at 2:07 PM Post #20 of 57
Sincerely hope things are getting better for you - and all in PR.
I'm part of an org 'helping' out there - hope that you are seeing at least some results, infrastructure, roads, etc etc.
God bless

Thank you for your efforts and prayers, Wes.

I am not from Puerto Rico. But I have a tremendous love for the people and music of the island. And they need all the help than can get right now! It's going to take a long time to rebuild the infrastructure on the islands, including the roads, water, power, cell, hospitals, schools, etc... not to mention the homes. So continuous aid and assistance is going to be needed there for the foreseeable future.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back